Tomorrow is a multi-service business accelerator for fashion brands. The Group helps brands to develop and achieve sustainable growth through a fully integrated service offering that includes investment, sales and distribution, consultancy and production. Tomorrow is led by CEO Stefano Martinetto and Chief Revenue Officer Giancarlo Simiri, which they acquired in 2011, with a vision to champion and foster entrepreneurial creativity within the fashion industry. The Group now has a carefully curated portfolio of emerging and established talent, across premium and contemporary menswear, womenswear and accessories, each working with one or more of Tomorrow’s integrated services. Tomorrow’s headquarters is in London with offices and showrooms in London, Milan, Paris, New York and Hong Kong. It currently employs over 200 people across three continents.
- Review of postings and maintenance of accurate information in the ledgers
- Day-to-day management of the brand trial balances, including review of centrally processed transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Preparation of monthly brand balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly entity management accounts and consolidation file
- Ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting, including preparation of monthly packs for each brand.
- Ownership of reporting on the agency income stream - including communicating, billing and chasing clients in line with payment terms
- Ensuring monthly reporting is done in a timely manner
- Preparing monthly e-commerce reporting across a number of managed brands
- Supporting in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and variance analysis
- Being a key audit contact. Responding to questions and preparing relevant supporting information as requested
- Preparation of brand royalty calculations on a timely basis.
- Preparation of tax declarations such as quarterly and yearly VAT returns, spesometro, 770, ensuring that these are submitted on time
- Assisting with various internal projects including system integrations and process improvements
- Assisting the wider finance team with questions from other functions of the business as they are asked
- Ad-hoc pieces of financial work which would be completed as needed
Experience and skills
- Degree or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Previous exposure to NetSuite would be desirable
- An enthusiastic, motivated and committed ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and external people at all levels of seniority
- To be a trustworthy, reliable, team player who is able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Fluent in English and in Italian (written and verbal)