Retail Director - US
ZIMMERMANN is currently seeking a Retail Director - US to join our International Retail Team on a full-time basis.
Based in our Head Office in New York and reporting to our President of US and Vice President – Global Retail & Operations US, this role will be responsible for executing the retail vision and strategy in accordance with the business directives. This role is responsible for driving US Retail stores growth, profitability and customer excellence through fostering talent development and leadership.
The successful candidates' responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees US Retail Manager, US Retail Operations Coordinator, US VM Manager and Regional Managers
- In collaboration with the President of US and Vice President - Global Retail & Operations US define strategy and manage action plans to achieve sales targets across global stores.
- Support the Retail Teams to translate strategic goals into operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit.
- Maximize sales through development and execution of store service strategies, tracking the sales performance of regions and providing motivation through training and incentives in accordance with policies and budgets.
- Develop market specific strategies around customer outreach, retention, and servicing.
- Oversee the targets for stores in accordance with agreed annual budgets.
- Prepare the annual sales budgets/sales target for each country for approval by President of US and Vice President-Global Retail &Operations.
- Set monthly sales targets for all stores in accordance with agreed annual budgets.
- Provide consistent feedback on stock issues that may affect the sales across the stores.
Operations and Finances
- Ongoing analysis and review of staffing levels and structure for each Region.
- Ongoing coaching for Retail Directors/Managers on operations, sales techniques, and HR advice.
- Manage stores expenses in accordance with budgets provided.
- Ensure that stores rosters are completed timely and efficiently
Human Resources, Recruitment, Training & Performance
- In partnership with HR team, identify and recruit strong talents that can assist the success of the business.
- Oversee the onboarding process and training for the Retail team and ensure full and thorough completion is done in accordance with the P&P.
- Ongoing coaching and motivational training for Retail Teams identifying skills and opportunities for development; provide leadership, advice, and guidance.
- Proactively manage and review the performance and progress of Retail Directors/Managers and their regions, set objectives and targets.
- Ensure Zimmermann P&P and Code of Conducts are followed with consistency and thoroughly.
- Ensure Zimmermann staff members are educated on Zimmermann Brand Vision. Mission, Values, Brand Personality, Core Customers, Collections and History of the brand in order to create a global brand and assist with the expansion of the brand.
- Continue development of training and education for team members on Diversity & Inclusion and champion this among the Retail division.
Stock Inventory and Loss Prevention
- Ensure that the management of stock is done with accuracy and in accordance with Zimmermann P&P.
- Work closely with Retail Merchandise Planning Manager and Retail Buyer in relation to stock consolidations, ensuring the right styles and quantity are in the in the right stores.
- Ensure all teams are fully trained in Loss Prevention and Stock Management.
- Promote and uphold the non-negotiable standards of the OH&S policy.
- Ensure any incidents related to OH&S are reported to HO and dealt in a timely manner.
Visual Merchandising, Store Presentation, Maintenance & Set-Up
- Ensure that a consistent high standard of Visual Presentation is achieved and reflective of the brand directive.
- Ensure that any required store maintenance is dealt accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that merchandising, including merchandising plans, windows display, and staff presentation/wardrobe are done in accordance with Zimmermann guidelines and expectation.
- Manage and assist all the new stores opening in accordance with Zimmermann guidelines.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.