The Accounting Manager is responsible for the monthly close process with the related reconciliations and filings; working closely with business partners to monitor transaction flows to ensure compliance with policy and procedures.
- Manage monthly closings, ensuring all entries and accruals are complete
- Preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations including proper supporting documentation, and timely checklist completion.
- Assess existing processes and procedures for improvement opportunities related to monthly closing process, increasing efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage sales tax, ensuring proper rates and timely filing
- Assist preparation of drafting financial statements, P&L, balance sheet, cashflow
- Support budgeting and forecasting process
- Oversee Ecomm payment processing, reconciling balances and chargebacks
- Manage monthly rent payments, validating rent invoices, and process commercial rent tax
- Proactively investigate variances and resolve queries from other departments
- Provide coverage for team members as needed
- 5+ years of accounting experience in the fashion/apparel industry
- Detail oriented, strong organizational, and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, with systems integration exposure
- Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
- Entrepreneurial mindset and goal oriented (self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently).
- Team player and able to work cross-functionally
- Proficiency with MS-Office specifically MS Excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP