Head of Atelier
Career opportunity: Head of Atelier
At Iris van Herpen we are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized Head of Atelier. This is a full-time position based in Amsterdam.
The activities are:
Working closely together with design, atelier, sales, and PR teams to ensure timely and efficient processes are in place to deliver Couture dresses of the highest quality for clients, runway shows, and VIP dressings in time. Planning and coordinating the activities of the atelier. Hiring and guiding junior team members and apprentices. Managing a team of 25-30 employees, freelancers, and apprentices.
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A degree in fashion, textiles
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills and the ability to manage a team under time pressure
- Experience in high-end fashion
- Ability to inspire and motivate a large and diverse team
- Large sense of responsibility and takes ownership of the entire process
- Advanced knowledge of all facets of the Couture process; patterns, illustrator files, sewing
- Natural eye for detail, finish, fit
- Perfectionist character
- Available full-time and flexible in working hours in busy periods
- Pro-active planner and sparring partner for senior management
- Budget responsibility and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and spoken English including the industry jargon
Applying is only possible for EU passport holders (unfortunately excluding UK passport holders).
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send your CV, motivation letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your information will be treated confidentially and in accordance with GDPR.