Merchandising Operation Assistant
The role of the Merchandising Operations Coordinator is to support and liaise with sales and production on all seasonal and ad hoc order processing, maintenance and communication. This candidate will manage and process all orders and changes with a sense of urgency and attention to detail. The candidate is expected to become an expert in system functions related to order management and ensure cross functional tools are a reflection of accurate and updated data. The candidate will also assist the Director of Merchandising and Merchandiser with day to day operations and reporting.
- Work closely with sales to meet order entry deadlines during seasonal market cycles
- Launch quantity authorizations by style/sku to production at order close
- Liaise with sales and assist in customer requested order maintenance revisions – ie. Qty adjustments, style cancellations, etc. and updating all manual records.
- Review and process EDI orders daily – manage errors, communicate with Sales team, resolve issues with IT
- Process, communicate and execute order updates due to production issues – delivery delays, shortages, global style changes, and order moves/consolidation
- Track changes and maintain seasonal masters following order close
- Aggregate in-season sales data and pull selling reports to analyze weekly, monthly, & seasonal data
- 1-2 years of applicable work experience, preferably in operations or wholesale
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, etc
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, organized with a strong sense of urgency