Senior Product Developer Manager
The SR PD Manager will demonstrate expertise and knowledge in Apparel Production concepts, practices, and procedures. The ideal candidate will have proven success in an Apparel/Garment Product Development environment or in a related field. The SR Manager will oversee the daily functions of the product development team. The SR manager will interact with local and overseas vendors to ensure the flow of information and is responsible for a cross-functional position that interacts with both the creative and executive parts of the business. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish Departmental goals.
• Manages, coordinates, and attends fittings to ensure on time approvals.
• Allocates and prioritizes workflow for Pattern Makers, Tech Designers & sample room for development.
• Partner with Tech Design to create BOM’s / tech packs from design package hand off.
• Works with design partners on seasonal fabric and trim development.
• Oversees development of seasonal line from initial proto through sales samples.
• Manages the shipping process of sale samples for all global accounts.
• Works with wash manager on all wash development and wash approval process.
• Owns and drives the development milestone dates to guarantee the on-time transition to Production.
• Responsible for managing the full history of fabrics and lab dips.
• Works closely with Design to resolve major approval issues to maintain cost and calendar dates.
• Ensures quality and on time delivery of protos and sale samples.
• Manages cost sheets and vendor negotiation to meet companies IMU.
• Works with cross-functional partners to manage and report out seasonal styles and costing through style master.
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in a domestic and import development environment with a minimum of 3-4 managerial experience.
• Computer proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word
• Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
• Excellent time management/project skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
• Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
• Knowledge of production: testing protocol, production integrity, production cycle times, fabric and garment construction
• Ability to demonstrate proactive problems solving skills
• Ability to monitor employee performance, to provide feedback, and to develop employees
• Ability to create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
Job description subject to change due to business needs