Design Director or Senior Designer
Title: Design Director or Senior Designer (dependent on experience) - Skiwear, après ski apparel, and accessories
Summary: At Cordova, we believe that life is about seeking paramount beauty and adventure. Our craft is designing tailored ski and après ski apparel for women who boldly seek altitude, delight in the thrill of the descent, and relish in mountain leisure without sacrificing style. Our designs are reflections of the women who wear them - inspired, timeless, and confident.
Our small, but mighty team is looking for a Senior Designer or Design Director with 5+ years experience in luxury apparel design, ideally with a background in Ready to Wear.
The collection includes ski suits, ski pants, ski outerwear, ski base layers, ski sweaters, as well as lifestyle knitwear, outerwear, and accessories. The Senior Designer or Design Director must have versatility to work on various product categories, working toward a cohesive vision with fashion-forward concepts and techniques. The Senior Designer or Design Director must be up to date on major fashion trends on and off the runway and be able to bring creativity and initiative toward the design process.
Occasional travel to factories in Portugal, Italy, and Romania with the Founder/ Design Director and Product Development Team is required.
- Designing luxury winter sportswear and après sportswear collections rooted in nostalgia with a strong modern edge
- Compiling trend research, seasonal concepts, reference materials and mood boards
- Product research into fabrics, colors, prints, trims and knits
- Sketching the collection and creating CADs for linesheets and detailing specs
- Reviewing lab dips, fabric and trim developments, and artwork
- Finalizing color and materialization
- Oversee handover to Product Development and partner with PD on corrections to the collection to ensure flawless execution of fit, functionality, and design intent
- Proficient in Adobe suite- Illustrator/ Indesign/ Photoshop for CADs/Flats
- Strong technical sketching skills
- Extensive knowledge of garment construction
- Degree in Fashion Design
- Minimum of 5 years in apparel design or/ related experience
- Strong communicator
- Astute problem solver
- Self-starter – ability to complete work remotely