Retail Operations Lead
Is this job for you?
You are critical to the success of your Faherty store. It is your role to make sure that your store has a smooth, efficient inventory operations and shipping service that meets the expectations and needs of our Faherty customers and clients. Your role generally includes monitoring and analyzing the current inbound and outbound inventory system to make sure that it’s effective and working out a strategy for improving if necessary.
As a leader in your store, you will have a lot of interaction with the Store Manager. Your manager will rely on you to present any findings that might be critical to the success of the business, and you will also play an instrumental part in training and supervising new Operations employees and tracking and measuring staff performance.
There's a lot of responsibility that we are entrusting you with in your role, and that means intense pressure to perform well every day.
What you’ll do:
- Unload and unpack deliveries of merchandise, organize merchandise in the stockroom and stock shelves on the sales floor
- Perform frequent cycle counts. Improve inventory by comparing physical counts of stock, investigating purchase order discrepancies, and adjusting Springboard information as approved by Operations Lead
- Provide clear communication to Store Manager and Director of Retail Store Operations regarding inventory product levels and other needs
- Lead and manage the completion of Faherty HQ directives (transfers, markdowns, go backs, etc.) within designated timeframes as directed by HQ in partnership with Store Manager.
- Communicate inventory and supply replenishment needs to proper Faherty HQ team members
Shipping and Receiving:
- Assist in the receiving, storage, and distribution of all items received from Faherty HQ, other Faherty stores, customers, third party vendors, and warehouses
- Check merchandise and supply deliveries for accuracy, verifying that quantities received match bills of landing, purchase orders, and other documents
- Maintain ongoing and proactive communication with key partners about new arrivals, order overages, and shortages, and delivery delays
- Assist in management of external transfers, damaged merchandise, and manufacturer returns
Stockroom Organization and Maintenance:
- Organize the stockroom and ensure that accurate labeling, logical placement, neat arrangement, and cleanliness are maintained
- Monitor inventory level and sell during peak hours; process and replenish merchandise; receive and monitor floor stock
- Frequently provide feedback and suggestions for inventory and shipping process improvements that will ultimately help to increase profitability and reduce waste
- Work with Faherty design team to properly manage apparel samples and organize trafficking of items between Faherty HQ, stores, and warehouses
What you’ll have:
- Multiple years of leadership experience in a similar scope; hi-growth direct to consumer retail brands preferred
- Omnichannel awareness and the ability to assist in leading a team to provide a seamless customer experience between retail stores and ecommerce platforms
- Adept with technology and apps, including but not limited to Google Suites and MS office, and familiar with industry-related blogs and feeds
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across a multitude of channels
- Demonstrated ability to assist a leadership team with coaching and development
- Proven track record of personal success within a retail business; success is reflective in consistently outpacing individual and team sales and performance goals
- Passionate about contributing to brand with purpose and demonstrating advocacy through business
- Available when we are open for business, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Able to bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry, and move at least 40 lbs.
- Comfortable climbing ladders, moving around regularly, and standing for extended periods of time
Why Us, You Ask!:
- Medical, dental, vision and ancillary benefits available on your first day!
- Incremental PTO
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Monthly Merchandise Allowance
- Sales Incentives Program
- Team Building Events
A bit about us:
Founded in 2013 by Mike and Alex Faherty and Kerry Docherty, Faherty is a family-run lifestyle and apparel brand fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
We feel a deep responsibility to do things differently: to promise comfort without compromising quality. To hold ourselves to a higher standard with a lower environmental impact. To leave the world a better place than we found it.
We recognize the impact the fashion industry has on the world, and we’re dedicated to learning how to be better stewards of the planet. We believe the power of conversation and connection can make real change, and we’re committed to supporting people and organizations doing work that we believe in.
Our passionate leadership team comes from different backgrounds but share a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of comfort and craftsmanship. To work side-by-side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment every day, like the family we are.
We welcome everyone — and we mean everyone. We believe a diversity of viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds only serve to make our team stronger, which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: BIPOC, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We strive to lead consciously, bravely, and inclusively — and to reflect those values in our work. We live by six key pillars:
Be The Best
Spread Good Vibes
Deliver On Promises
Lead Consciously, Bravely, and Inclusively
Remain compassionate. Stay focused. Seek joy. Let’s make the world a better place.