Brand / Craetive Project Coordinator
BRAND/CREATIVE PROJECT COORDINATOR
The Project Coordinator, Brand/Creative will work closely with all departments to organize, schedule and route brand, creative, and marketing projects, from start through completion. This person will help manage creative projects and assets and ensure deliverables are completed on time, and cross functional teams are updated regularly on progress.
The ideal candidate has steady nerves and foresight commonly found in air traffic control rooms. She/he will bring her/his skills to bear in a fast-moving environment involving multiple deadlines, projects, and personalities. She/he will be responsible for the successful flow of work between creatives, designers, and marketing and production team members. This person will ensure that projects are carried out on time and at the highest level of quality, and will also provide administrative support to brand/creative leadership. The role requires a proactive person who is willing to pitch in to help teammates—and it helps to be an empathetic listener, too. This is a Milan-based role.
What you'll do:
• Serves as project coordinator for multiple brand, creative, and marketing projects - including attending project kick-off meetings (creative briefings), managing project schedules, managing creative team requests, and updating other department partners as to progress on deliverables.
• Ensures that creative projects are up to date on all project calendars as well as maintaining all creative deliverable tracking tools in collaboration with designers and company management.
• Supports the team in coordinating deliverable scheduling, organizing assets, content research, and production support as needed.
• Evaluates workload and together with team management assigns incoming jobs to design resources in the department.
• Helps organize creative assets. Has exposure to the marketing/content messaging map, as well as the product/collection calendar, to help organize the process.
• Works to support the creatives, designers, account managers, editors, and the production team to help create compelling and beautiful content.
• Supports leadership with scheduling, communication, and miscellaneous administrative needs.
What we're looking for:
• 2-3 years of experience working in a project management role, ideally in a design or design related context.
• Extremely well organized and detail oriented. Able to handle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced creative environment.
• Thorough understanding of the creative, marketing, and content development process (web, marketing, social, etc.) and its critical dependencies.
• Highly collaborative, resourceful, positive, and motivated, the ideal candidate is a self-starter who proactively moves projects forward.
• Excellent communication skills; must be able to articulate, document, and present the status of a project and the key dependencies to get it to completion.
• Strong comfort level and flexibility for an organic and iterative design process.
• Familiar with BaseCamp, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Keynote.
• Bi-lingual, Italian and English.
• Tried ability and experience in supporting executive level staff (daily schedules, travel, task management, facilities, teleconferencing, purchasing and day to day operations of their team)
• Calm under pressure.
About La DoubleJ
La DoubleJ is a multi-tasking Milanese brand that edits the very best of Italy. Founded by J.J. Martin in 2015, the company has expanded from a shoppable magazine selling just vintage clothing and jewelry, to a full lifestyle label offering new fashion made with archival prints, cool home design and rare vintage. All of La DoubleJ’s creations—from its content, editorial projects and pop up shops, to its product design and wildly patterned showroom in Milan—are distilled through a lens of pure joy, eye-popping print and love of all things maximal and dedicated to all the Great Gorgeous Girls who rock it with style.
Los Angeles-born, Milan-based journalist and vintage collector J.J. Martin has spent the past 16 years scoping out the very best of Italian fashion and design as a contributing editor at Harper’s Bazaar USA, WSJ, and Wallpaper magazines. Her writing has also appeared in T: The NY Times Style Magazine, Japanese Vogue, AD and Elle Décor. Now Martin translates her experience as an editor into discovering hidden archives, curating under-the-radar talent, and shining the light on Italy’s unsung historic producers as creative director for La DoubleJ.