Director of Internal Audit
- Santa Monica, California
- Closing date
- 29 Nov 2021
- Director / President / C Suite
- Support the development of the audit strategy and implementation of internal audit processes and process improvements to include frameworks, methodologies, work products and quality assurance mechanisms for the team.
- Participate in the execution of the enterprise risk assessments and development of the Internal Audit plan that is responsive to the financial, compliance and operational risks of the company.
- Drive and coordinate team efforts to execute the Internal Audit and SOX project plan.
- Oversee an efficient and effective SOX 404 Compliance program, including planning, coordinating, testing, reporting, remediation, and driving project alignment within the team and key stakeholders (including IT owners, Business Process owners and the external auditors.
- Liaises with external auditors to plan and implement a comprehensive audit of the Company's interim, year-end and Sarbanes-Oxley assessments.
- Lead risk-based financial, compliance, operational and IT systems audits, with a goal of maximizing company performance and control, and minimizing risk.
- Incorporate leading practices related to risk assessment, audit process development, utilization of automated audit tools, and data analytics.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong and proactive business and operational relationships with business and technology partners across the organization that mitigate risk and drive efficiency.
- Manage and coach internal and third-party resources to ensure cohesive and collaborative execution.
- Present findings and recommendations to executive management to enable them to be knowledgeable about the state of the organization's system of internal control and risk management processes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree required in Accounting.
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other relevant certification preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience in Big 4 Public Accounting and/or Internal Audit experience with a public company.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of US GAAP, COSO framework, Sarbanes-Oxley, and leading business practices .
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company and senior level management.
- Exhibit strong project management and organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize various workstreams simultaneously, including the ability to manage differing perspectives and influence positive outcomes .
- Demonstrated risk assessment and management skills.
- Experience in a high growth, technology focused environment is strongly preferred.
- Direct experience leading audits of complex SOX 404 programs, including financial controls, entity level controls and IT general controls.
- Experience in implementing and executing on a Year-1 SOX compliance program is strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications, audit workpaper tools (e.g., Audit Board) and data analytics software.
A little bit about us...
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.
FIGS is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We are committed to helping this growing, global community of professionals, whom we refer to as Awesome Humans, look, feel and perform at their best—24/7, 365 days a year. We create technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. In doing so, we have redefined what scrubs are—giving rise to our tag-line: why wear scrubs, when you can #wearFIGS?
10 years ago, we started FIGS with a mission to celebrate, empower and serve healthcare professionals. Their days of being forgotten, deprioritized or forced to make do with substandard products were over. We do this in four key ways:
- Product - We create innovative products that enable healthcare professionals to perform at their best while looking and feeling good.
- DTC Platform - We use a digitally-native direct-to-consumer platform to get them the products they need in a convenient and seamless way
- Connection - We celebrate healthcare professionals by highlighting the incredible contributions they make every day and by telling their stories through our platform.
- Community - We bring them together through the community we’ve built.
We do all of this because the healthcare community is that important. If we celebrate, empower, and serve them, we will not only make their experience better, we can inspire more people to become healthcare professionals. Making an impact through our mission is what we’re focused on every single day.
2834 Colorado Ave Suite 100
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert