ZIMMERMANN is currently seeking an Allocator to join our Buying and Planning Team on a full-time basis.
Based in our Head Office in New York and reporting to our Senior Retail Planning Manager, this role is responsible for maximizing product performance and sell through by managing the store allocation and consolidation process. This position will also provide support to the US store network, Buying and Planning team, and New York Head Office Team.
The successful candidates' responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accurate and on-time pre-season store allocations, ensuring demand is satisfied without over-allocating stock in a way that leads to Markdown.
- Using analysis and commercial knowledge to ensure each store receives the right product, quantity, and size ratio to maximise sales.
- Allocating replenishment to full price and outlet channels based on store sales and stock analysis.
- Analysing sales on a weekly basis, by store, in order to make recommendations and action any inter-store consolidations to maximise sales and minimise markdown and ensuring these consolidations are followed up.
- Ensuring retail repairables and any free stock are allocated back to store on a weekly basis, or as required.
- Allocating recuts to stores and maintaining the recut tracker on a weekly basis.
- Working with Logistics, 3PL, and Buying and Planning Team to ensure timely store deliveries.
- Assisting in weekly forecasting of 3PL inventory flow with the Online and Wholesale teams.
- Co-ordinate the post-season markdown strategies by ensuring stock is transferred back to Outlet and 3PLs.
- Running Sell through reports, Best seller reports and Store’s KPI performance reports.
- Analysing sales and stock by store for rest and removal recommendations prior to story launches with VM team.
- Develop strong understanding of US store sales trends and performance through data analysis and regular communication with store managers and regional managers.
- Capturing Size Analysis data by SKU and by region to help inform forward size curves, driving full price sales and ST%.
- Representing the Planning team by being the primary contact for US store queries.
- Adhoc store analysis and providing retail store support.
To be successful, you will have previous allocation experience and rapport, an ability to multitask and have a genuine passion and understanding of luxury designer fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent retail experience
- 1-2 years’ experience with allocation, consolidation and inventory management within the retail industry
- Forecasting experience - ability to run detailed reports, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and strong aptitude with numbers
- Proficient in Excel with demonstrated ability to create excel-based reports and templates
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Flexible and able to quickly and effectively change priorities and direction
This is an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced opportunity to join a well-respected global fashion business!
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.