Location: Edinburgh (with a blend of remote/office-based working)
We are looking for an experienced Merchandiser to analyse product performance and develop strategies to maximise commercial opportunities across the business. Through strong reporting and understanding of best-sellers and the marketplace, you will support range planning, development of pricing strategy, optimised stock management and forecasting to achieve increased sales, profitability and sell-through.
- Oversight of seasonal range planning and SKU count
- Conducting quarterly market and competitor analysis, both domestic and international
- Oversight of seasonal pricing pyramid, making recommendations for product range development.
- Reporting quarterly and per season to develop pricing strategy for D2C and Wholesale, focussing on sales generation and profitability
- Oversight of the annual sales calendar and discount strategy, implementing and communicating the agreed strategy across all channels and stakeholders
- Proposing seasonal and carry over orders based upon analysis.
- Analysing monthly production volumes & overseeing top-up reordering
- Analysing sales performance, reporting top sellers and analysing impact of promotional activities
To be considered for this position, you must have the following experience and capabilities:
- 4+ years’ experience within a Planning or Merchandising position (essential)
- Handbag/Accessories or Ready-to-wear background within a luxury brand is highly desirable
- Understanding of different Global territories and markets
- Familiar with stock keeping processes, SKUs and barcode creation
- Experience using programs/platforms, such as Zedonk, Shopify and Vend
- Able to work independently and take ownership of assigned areas of responsibility
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail and an ability to maintain this whilst working within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills
Strathberry is an Edinburgh-based and internationally known brand founded in 2013. Specialising in luxury leather goods, Strathberry creations are handcrafted in Spain using only the finest quality Spanish leathers, and can take up to 20 hours to make. Known for its instantly recognisable bar closure and minimalist design aesthetic, Strathberry’s elegant lines, exceptional attention to detail and celebrity endorsement have led to a global following.