Retail Director Executive
Who We Are:
Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Glossy 50 “Changemaker in the Fashion Industry” and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 180 employees in 11 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Tokyo and Shanghai. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 12,500 brands and over 325,000 retailers in 144 countries, processing an incredible $1.5B in wholesale transaction volume each and every month. JOOR’s exclusive partners range from established luxury conglomerates such as LVMH, Kering, Richemont and Capri, to leading brands such as Stella McCartney, Valentino, Kate Spade, Tory Burch and Dr. Martens. Premier department stores including Neiman Marcus, Printemps and Harrods, as well as global digital retailers such as Ssense, Shopbop and Revolve, conduct their buying exclusively through JOOR.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you’ll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
- We are revolutionizing the virtual showroom experience
- We partner with exciting brands and retailers from around the world
- We are a global company that is rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up driving innovation in the fashion & retail industry.
What You'll Do:
- Be a leader within the Retail Sales team, partnering with the EMEA VP of Sales (Retail & Brand) to develop processes and strategies to be implemented for the EMEA region.
- Act as is a player/coach role where you will manage your own book of retail accounts while managing and mentoring the EMEA team / Retail Sales Managers.
- Act as a senior level relationship builder for the accounts of the Retail Sales Manager
- Create and execute the strategy for the EMEA region and motivate the team to deliver expected KPIs, ensuring high unit and revenue goals for the regions. Own the sales goals and achievement for the region.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with strategic and high-value accounts to continually drive incremental value and return on the customer’s investment.
- Serve as a resource for the region for client escalations and higher-level issues relating to adoption/usage, product, pricing, accounts receivable, integrations and more.
- Strategically expand our revenue in accounts through new retail account acquisition
- Own the sales cycle from finding contacts at prospects to close for medium to enterprise level Retailers -- prospects will be assigned and you have the ability to find your own
- Conduct product demos and present the business value of JOOR to executive-level contacts
- Foster new relationships for JOOR through outbound efforts including sales cadences, phone use, and Social Media (LinkedIn)
- Train and manage individual team member’s performance, ensuring Retail Sales Managers consistently master and execute process and strategy, leveraging all necessary tools/technology (JOOR platform, Salesforce, Jira, etc.) in a consistent manner.
- Create strong partnerships with Sales and Marketing counterparts to ensure a seamless client experience from prospect to ongoing client.
- Be an advocate for regional client needs by communicating to senior leadership and working cross-functionally with our Product, QA, Data and Product Support teams to help move projects and/or cases forward
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of JOOR’s industry, trends, and competitors
What We're Looking For:
We are searching for a Retail Director Executive to join our London team. JOOR is a fashion-technology Software as a Service Company (SaaS). Our candidate has 5+ years of sales experience in a SaaS, Wholesale or Fashion buying organization, ideally combining both SaaS and Fashion. Please submit resumes/CVs in English.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in English; French and/or Italian is preferred
- 7+ required years of experience managing key accounts or Fashion buying
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in SaaS, B2B or Account Management preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing and coaching a team
- Strong negotiation & sales skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, and problem-solving mindset
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Relationships with buyers in key retailers across EMEA
- Understanding of Enterprise and SMB retail landscape across EMEA
What We Offer:
- Access to Market Weeks to see the products in action
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Tokyo and Shanghai.
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company off-sites, Meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.