With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. Position Objective
This position is responsible for leading the backend software engineering team by providing architecture guidance, solution design and performing review of team's deliverables. This position will be responsible for designing the micro service architecture for headless integration, Cloud API development, CI/CD process and tool selection, etc. This position will collaborate effectively with front-end engineering, product teams, project teams and peer business teams to develop solutions in a transforming 'Agile' environment. We seek leaders who want not only to be part of a transformation but to help lead it!
- Maintains liaison with product management leaders and business partners to assess and evaluate information technology related enhancements and new technologies to maximize business impact while maintaining / building an innovative architecture to ultimately dramatically increase speed to market.
- Provides solution design guide and principle for all backend software engineers and review for compliance-you are a hands-on engineer with the right combination of technical and leadership expertise. We are building something special here and need motivated people to help us achieve our lofty goals!
- You are first and foremost an engineer-but you have a deep appreciation of data. Its use, its ability to be a guide and its architecture.
- Performs data analysis and provides solution to address any data integrity/performance issues.
- You are curious! What was great yesterday may not be great tomorrow! So, while you lean into your past, you will help us drive to new heights with new ways with new, architecturally sound technologies that make a difference. Always evaluating technologies/tools and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities in line with the architecture technology strategy of the organization, and exceeding business needs wherever possible
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing technical and cultural guidance, delivering feedback, and in the end empowering the team to be self-driven
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering
- 7+ years enterprise level application and/or services development experience in technologies including Java, Springboot, Weblogic, JBoss, JMS, web services (REST & SOAP) and micro services. At least 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- 2+ years of experiencing architecting and building microservices/APIs, CI/CD automation in cloud (GCP, Azure or AWS)
- Strong experience in designing, coding, testing and maintaining database objects, tables, views, packages, functions, procedures, indexes, sequences and triggers in Oracle
- Experience translating requirements into technical specifications including the data modelling, designing and data flow diagrams.
- Working experience on Scheduling tools like orchestrator, Activebatch
- Experience with NOSQL database like MongoDB , Cassandra or BigData
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and effectively meet project deliverables on time
- Must demonstrate strong communication and team collaboration skill
- Must be flexible and available to provide off-hours support when required
- Experience working with teams in Agile methodology
- Previous retail industry experience
- Experience working with ecommerce platforms, warehouse management systems, customer services applications, etc.
- Legacy ATG ecommerce platform-change is coming!
- Oracle database-ditto!
- Jira, confluence
- Cloud DevOps, PaaS and IaaS (Azure/GCP)
- Scheduling tools including Orchestrator and Activebatch
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.