Embroidery Studio Manager
ABOUT THE EMBROIDERY STUDIO MANAGER:
Lingua Franca is looking for a highly organized individual with a proven ability to manage teams and creative workflows and impeccable attention to detail to join our close-knit team as Embroidery Studio Manager.
The Embroidery Studio Manager should understand the embroidery process from start to finish in order to drive the overall creative standards of our hand embroidery department. In this role, you will support and manage our embroidery team while communicating with sales and design departments to ensure timeliness and quality of all embroidery projects. Exceptional interpersonal skills and a positive attitude are of paramount importance to success in this role.
EMBROIDERY STUDIO MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all embroidery projects from initial concept to final completion for DTC, B2B, wholesale and design departments.
- Own and facilitate workflow of the embroidery department, manage day to day operations, and work with the sales and design team leads to articulate best practices on embroidery-related projects.
- Keep all embroidery materials, tools, components inventoried and organized properly to ensure stock levels and timely delivery of orders.
- Liaise with sales and design teams to understand project needs and review embroidery details before work is passed to embroiderers.
- Assist in maintaining image libraries, technical files, and other reference materials, ensuring embroiderers have access to files as needed.
- Assess and clarify embroidery details and assign the appropriate embroiderers to all projects.
- Clearly communicate customer and project needs to embroidery team members.
- Ensure embroiderer invoices are completed and passed to the Payroll Department in a timely manner.
- Assist with recruitment and hiring decisions related to the embroidery team.
- Schedule and manage embroiderer pick ups and drop offs.
- Create and implement deadlines, project goals, expectations and workflows to ensure smooth production process and on-time deliveries.
- Efficiently manage studio time and embroidery team, in accordance with production budgets and margins.
- Manage project budgets and costs: Determine profitability of embroidery projects/styles; track damages, revisions, and overall labor costs in order to identify where workflow processes can be improved; create recommendations for optimizing costs for future projects.
- Build and maintain systems to oversee quality control and ensure all embroidered goods meet design standards before passing to the fulfillment/logistics team.
- Carry out QC checks on all hand embroidered items and communicate issues with embroiderers, coordinate redos.
EMBROIDERY STUDIO MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent hand embroidery skills.
- Calm under pressure, highly organized and methodical and able to make informed decisions rapidly and accurately.
- Knowledge of hand embroidery processes, techniques and tools preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to improve and evaluate the operations of a team.
- Flexible in managing multiple projects, deadlines and budgets.
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; ability to multi-task and react to shifting priorities while adhering to deadlines.
- Superb verbal, written, and digital communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills that are adaptable and predicated on mutual respect.
- Comfortable and flexible within a dynamic “roll up your sleeves” start-up environment, with a desire to develop and scale the role as the business grows.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Lingua Franca is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.