Reports to: Executive Creative Director
Classification: ‘Exempt’ Salary Position
Job Summary: This position will work as part of a close and collaborative design team on all aspects of collection development in the creation of seasonal collections and special projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- 100% proficiency in entire CAD/Adobe Suite
- Work thoroughly on all aspects of the design and development process to ensure that the collection is ready on time by working closely with factories, suppliers and the development team
- Research and forecast trends and themes for the collections, with direction from the senior team members and Executive Creative Director
- Communicate concepts and ideas via research, sketches, fabric, trims, presentation boards, etc.
- Be present in fittings, assisting design team and atelier team with fittings; prepare in advance for collection and custom fittings
- Oversee and maintain all creative and design boards throughout the season with ongoing daily updates
- Maintain all development design updates in digital database (i.e.: fabric changes, sketch modifications, etc.)
- Must be prepared to show and present progress, updates, deliverables, etc. in daily design team “touch-base” meetings
- Produce clearly detailed technical packages for collection development using CAD software
- Must have awareness of the global fashion industry, market, trends, etc.
- Aide in sourcing and researching fabrics, materials and trims and ensuring said vendors stay within concept and within timeline
- Create mood and concept boards based on thorough research for each collection theme
- Ensure that collection samples and special projects are completed and adhere to the designated timeline
- Inspect, follow-through and maintain quality within all aspects of the collection
- Hire, oversee and manage interns as a part of the internship program
- Be able to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and work long hours
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage own schedule and allocate time efficiently to projects, while at the same time must take direction well from supervisors
- Have creative sensibility as well as an eye for Marina Moscone standards of quality, color, silhouette, fabric, etc.
- Be able to prioritize and organize well and have strong time management skills
- Must have a good understanding of designer-level garment construction and design from a technical perspective
- Have strong and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to develop and nurture strong relationships with suppliers, vendors, fabric agents, etc., representing the brand-name professionally and to the company standards.