Email/CRM Marketing Manager (Atlanta)
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
What You'll Do
As the Email, Push and SMS expert on the Marketing team, you will be responsible for developing, executing and optimizing Email and App campaigns that drive overall business goals. You will work collaboratively with the marketing team to ensure that these marketing campaigns achieve defined goals within the funnel and the creative and messaging both support the campaigns as well as successfully communicate our brand voice and positioning. The role will also spearhead fundamental work in Push Notifications against the HODINKEE app base. This role is accepting applicants based in NYC or Atlanta, GA.
In this role, you will...
- Develop long- and short-term strategies through both Email, Push Notifications, and SMS marketing platforms to nurture leads, drive action and conversion, and increase customer lifetime value
- Define, manage and execute behavioral, lifecycle, and segmented audience programs designed to trigger based on implicitly and explicitly captured consumer signals of interest
- Establish benchmarks and KPIs for all campaigns and continuously monitor and optimize campaign, creative concepts, audience targeting, workflow performance, and A/B trails that support CRM/customer success objectives
- Leverage designated ESP (HubSpot) to its fullest capacity, including but not limited to automations, segmenting, email templates, campaign support, landing pages, forms, reports, ticketing, and chat automation, while staying up-to-date on how to leverage new features and products as they become available
- Work cross-functionally with Merchandising and Editorial teams to ensure both commercial and content priorities are reflected in the Email/Push weekly calendar
- Collaborate with Brand teams to support key launches, newness, and pillar projects
- Brief and coordinate with in-house Design and Copy teams to ensure HODINKEE branded Email templates are best-in-class and fit for use across different daily franchises
- Regularly report on Email performance to ensure campaigns are meeting engagement metrics and revenue goals. Offer clear and visual summaries to share across the org and management teams.
- Manage the Email Producer to build, stage, deploy and scale Email & Push campaigns and drive innovation for the channels
- Work closely with CRM Senior Manager and Marketing Director to ensure that email and Push Notification strategies facilitate and ladder up to overall business and customer objectives
- Develop an Email/Push strategic roadmap for channel enhancements, innovations, and improvement. Drive mobile optimization and personalization for Email.
- Work closely with Customer Service team to develop a framework for post-purchase SMS campaigns
- Utilize data to drive decisions and deliver measurable outcomes against established KPIs
- Analyze and share customer segmentation and performance across the entire marketing team to leverage across all paid, earned and owned channels
- Promote lead generation and nursery programs to support new subscriber acquisition
- Facilitate tracking and analytics requirements for Email success
- Troubleshoot technical issues as necessary
Who You Are
- Collaborative team player; problem-solver, analytical and creative
- Organized, process driven, proactive, a natural leader, and passionate about Email/CRM
- Experience and confidence presenting data-supported recommendations to all levels of management
- Strong attention to detail. Task driven and organized with exceptional time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects and ongoing work items; while effectively managing changing priorities
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Email Marketing, CRM and App experience for an Ecomm brand or digital agency; in depth knowledge of email marketing best practices
- HubSpot or equivalent marketing automation experience required
- Experience working with Shopify desirable
- HTML coding experience including ability to code HTML from PSD
- Experience with responsive email design
- Track record of driving wins from A/B Testing
- Advanced understanding of full funnel marketing, including prospecting, retargeting, and LTV cohort segmentation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, troubleshoot and solve operational and technical issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to share strategy and insights
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.