Sales Development Associate
Who We Are:
Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Glossy 50 “Changemaker in the Fashion Industry” and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 180 employees in 11 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Tokyo and Shanghai. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 12,500 brands and over 325,000 retailers in 144 countries, processing an incredible $1.5B in wholesale transaction volume each and every month. JOOR’s exclusive partners range from established luxury conglomerates such as LVMH, Kering, Richemont and Capri, to leading brands such as Stella McCartney, Valentino, Kate Spade, Tory Burch and Dr. Martens. Premier department stores including Neiman Marcus, Printemps and Harrods, as well as global digital retailers such as Ssense, Shopbop and Revolve, conduct their buying exclusively through JOOR.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you’ll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
- We are revolutionizing the virtual showroom experience
- We partner with exciting brands and retailers from around the world
- We are a global company that is rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up driving innovation in the fashion & retail industry.
What You'll Do:
As a Sales Development Associate, you will have the opportunity to impact the bottom line and drive revenue through generating sales opportunities in a team-focused environment. Success in this role means hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals, staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride, all with the support of experienced managers. We have a strong focus on optimization and welcome new ideas on how to improve our lead generation process.
- Qualify leads by learning about each brand's approach to wholesale selling
- Work with Demand Generation Marketing team to qualify inbound leads and set appointments for AE’s to conduct live demonstrations of the platform
- Prepare for and attend international fashion trade shows with the aim of generating new business
- Collaborate with the greater Sales organization to generate new business for the company strategically
- Constantly be vigilant in building and moving the pipeline forward
- Be an ambassador for the brand
Who You Are:
- A captivating communicator: you have no fear on the phone and demonstrate excellent written communication for crafting strategic outreach.
- An evangelist: you believe in our product and are able to authentically sell the JOOR story.
- A self-starter: you find process in ambiguity and strive to over deliver on all responsibilities.
- A creative thinker: you discover new ways to approach your day-to-day and use data to build scalable campaigns.
- A driven winner: you understand that every single day is a new opportunity to be on top.
- A competitor: you are fiercely driven to compete against yourself while also being a collaborative teammate.
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (other languages preferred)
- A high standard of integrity and a strong work ethic, paired with effective prioritization and organizational skills
- An appetite for learning, with the ability to receive and implement feedback
- Experience cold-calling and cold-emailing a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce or any other CRM, a plus
- Fluency in both German and English (additional languages are also a bonus)
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary and performance-based variable earnings
- Access to international trade shows and market weeks to see the product in action
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia and Tokyo
- Private Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company off-sites, Meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.