Moose Knuckles is thriving and we continue to grow by over 50% every year
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe in inclusion, we believe in self-expression, we believe in no judgement and we believe in individualism.
WHO WE ARE
We are bold, we are tenacious, we are courageous and brave.
We are a cast of characters;
We embrace our differences and we share our likenesses.
Some of What’s in it for You!
- New and freshly renovated offices, designed and built to the LEED Silver environmental standard
- Summer Fridays
- Paid Personal Days
- Employee Loyalty Reward Program
- Generous welcome gift
- Company events
As the Treasury Analyst, you will be responsible for reviewing the daily cash application, balancing sales, investigating chargebacks, reviewing transaction reports, settling inter-company receivables and payments and more.
Some of What You’ll Do:
- Review the daily cash application and balancing to sales, including reviewing all GL sales postings.
- Act as a key liaison between retail stores, eCommerce, and finance to ensure resolution of all related issues.
- Analyze cash management operations and identify and recommend areas for improvement.
- Monitor all outstanding cash, credit card receipts and chargebacks at month end to ensure adequate accruals and posting to the GL.
- Act as a main liaison between Moose Knuckles and third parties, including banks and payment processors.
- Update and review charge back aging analysis and follow up with financial institutions to resolve outstanding issues.
- Coordinate between Canada, US and other regions on cash and sales audit procedures for best in practice process improvements.
- Monitor, track and investigate charge backs and resolve any tax issues with respect to chargebacks, including the submission to various banks and online sites.
- Monitor and follow up with retails stores and IT to resolve any outstanding issues with posting.
- Ensure effective internal controls over financial reporting are in place and assists with testing of controls.
- Assist with internal and external audits and external party examination requirements related to DTC cash and banking.
- Ensure correct coding and approval for all DTC posted transactions.
- Ensure timely completion of financial accruals, GL postings and monthly reconciliations.
- Assist in the monthly / quarterly, year-end closing process.
- Review retail and eCommerce transaction reports, including the recording and reporting of taxes, returns, pricing, customer activity, and compliance with head office policies.
- Prepare documents and reports to ensure that the company meets all regulatory compliance and accounting guidelines through its processes, policies and standards.
- Prepare documents for bank account opening / closing, credit card application / cancellation / credit limit change, authorization adding / change / removal Cash Management
- Prepare daily cash position report comprising of the estimation and analysis of cash receipts and disbursements
- Settle inter-company receivables and payments
Some of What You’ll Need:
- University degree in Business/Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of Treasury experience
- Strong internal controls compliance skills.
- Strong knowledge of sales/revenue accounting and corresponding reconciliations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Experience working within a retail environment an asset
- Working towards a professional designation within treasury or finance a plus
- Experience with Great Plains and Momentis an asset
Some of Who You Are:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets and forms
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work on several priorities at the same time.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines