Inventory Planning Associate
Ten Thousand is seeking a highly driven, analytical, and entrepreneurial inventory planner to join our Planning and Supply Chain team as an Associate. Reporting to the Director of Planning & Supply Chain, you will help drive our continued growth by ensuring that we have the right products, at the right time, in the right amounts. In particular, you will monitor, analyze, and present weekly sales data; monitor and analyze inventory levels including on-hand, in-transit, and on-order; and maintain, update, and improve inventory and demand forecasting models. You will also own the entire planning and buying process for our short-lead replenishment programs from end to end. In addition, you will partner with our Merchandising team to develop seasonal assortment plans, and you will work cross-functionally with our Sourcing & Production and Logistics teams day-to-day to implement our inventory and supply chain strategy.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and analyze sales & inventory data to identify risks and opportunities to our overall inventory and planning strategy.
- Maintain weekly and monthly sales and inventory reports to support the Planning team, as well as Merchandising, Marketing, and Finance. Analyze and report on in-season actual sales versus plan.
- Calculate PO quantities and final size breaks for all programs. Work cross-functionally with Production to pass POs, size breaks, and ship method breakdowns to vendors.
- Own forecasting, planning, and buying process for short-lead replenishment programs from end-to-end.
- Participate in seasonal assortment planning alongside Merchandising team.
- Monitor inventory levels across all platforms (IMS/ERP, ecommerce, 3PL portal, etc.) to track shrinkage and to identify and troubleshoot any data discrepancies. Partner with Production, Accounting, and Ecommerce teams to ensure accurate inventory data across all systems as well as internally-built tools and models.
- Conduct other ad hoc analyses and build new tools and models.
- 2+ years experience in inventory planning, demand forecasting, or similarly quantitative and analytical field (management consulting, investment banking, etc.). Prior experience in ecommerce or retail strongly preferred, with previous “digitally-native brand” experience a significant plus.
- Top academic credentials. Major in STEM, finance, economics, or similarly quantitative and analytical fields preferred.
- Excellent modeling and analytical skills, with ability to clearly present analysis, insights, and recommendations.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets. Familiarity with SQL or Python a plus.
- Excited to learn new skills. Passionate about analyzing data and building tools to solve business problems.
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow.
ABOUT TEN THOUSAND
Ten Thousand is the leading brand of premium men’s activewear. After launching with the world’s best training shorts, we have since expanded into a suite of gear designed to keep you going before, during, and after training – and we’re just getting started. We’re obsessed with making the best gear on the market and to make that happen we work with a team of amazing athletes across all modalities, from top CrossFitters competing in the CrossFit games to ultra-marathoners running in 100 miles races to elite members of the U.S. Special Operations Forces.
We’ve been featured in GQ, Esquire, Men’s Health, Gear Patrol, Runner’s World, and other leading lifestyle and fitness outlets, and we’re backed by leading consumer VCs and e-commerce titans. We're building the #1 training brand in the world, and we want you to be a part of it.