VP, Planning & Supply Chain
Ten Thousand is seeking an experienced and driven planning leader to join us as our Director or Vice President of Planning & Supply Chain. Working closely with our co-founder and COO, you will lead a Planning & Supply Chain team encompassing three functions: Inventory Planning; Sourcing & Production; and Logistics & Warehouse Operations. First and foremost, you will help fuel our continued growth by owning our planning and buying function. In particular, you will determine our seasonal inventory strategy, analyze sales data, and make purchasing decisions to optimize inventory levels, maximize profit, and preserve cash flow. In addition, you will lead a team of direct reports including our VP of Sourcing & Production and our Senior Manager of Logistics & Warehouse Operations to build a modern, agile supply chain.
This is a highly entrepreneurial position that will require you to assume responsibilities across several functions. In return, you will be able to shape your role and build the Planning & Supply Chain team from the ground up. While previous planning experience is a must, the most important qualifications are exceptional analytical abilities and a relentlessly resourceful mindset. This is a key position at Ten Thousand and offers the opportunity for rapid career acceleration for the right candidate.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine seasonal inventory strategy, including initial buy quantities, replenishment calendar, and chase/cancellation triggers.
- Build and iterate on sales and inventory forecasting models. Analyze sales data to spot and act on inventory chase or cancellation opportunities. Determine markdown/promo strategy as needed.
- Analyze historical data and current sales trends to identify risks and opportunities.
- Determine raw materials and factory capacity booking strategy, and lead vendor allocation strategy discussions. Partner with Sourcing & Production team and outside vendors to build a modern, agile supply chain.
- Develop inventory planning processes for promotional gifting, wholesale and group sales, customs and limited-edition products, and other strategic initiatives.
- Partner with Merchandising team to analyze historical sales data, identify cross-sell/upsell opportunities, and prepare pre-season sales forecasts and seasonal product assortments.
- Lead and grow the Planning & Supply Chain team. Oversee team of direct reports initially to include Inventory Planning Associate, VP of Sourcing & Production, Sr Mgr of Logistics & Warehouse Ops.
- 10+ years experience in quantitatively-driven work environments, including 5+ years working directly in inventory planning or demand forecasting in apparel or other branded consumer goods. Prior experience in ecommerce strongly preferred, with previous “digitally-native brand” experience a significant plus.
- Top academic credentials. Major in STEM, finance, economics, or similarly quantitative and analytical fields preferred. Master’s or MBA (concentration in merchandising, supply chain, or finance) a plus.
- Excellent modeling and analytical skills, with ability to clearly present analysis, insights, and recommendations.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets. Familiarity with SQL or Python a plus.
- Excited to learn new skills. Passionate about analyzing data and building tools to solve business problems.
- Track record of successfully leading teams and working cross-functionally to drive business results
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow.
ABOUT TEN THOUSAND
Ten Thousand is the leading brand of premium men’s activewear. After launching with the world’s best training shorts, we have since expanded into a suite of gear designed to keep you going before, during, and after training – and we’re just getting started. We’re obsessed with making the best gear on the market and to make that happen we work with a team of amazing athletes across all modalities, from top CrossFitters competing in the CrossFit games to ultra-marathoners running in 100 miles races to elite members of the U.S. Special Operations Forces.
We’ve been featured in GQ, Esquire, Men’s Health, Gear Patrol, Runner’s World, and other leading lifestyle and fitness outlets, and we’re backed by leading consumer VCs and e-commerce titans. We're building the #1 training brand in the world, and we want you to be a part of it.