Technical Design Manager
Ten Thousand is seeking an outstanding Technical Design Manager to lead our technical design function. Working closely with our designers, our VP of Product, and our VP of Sourcing & Production, you will drive the successful creation of new Ten Thousand products from concept through PP samples. You will develop and execute innovative product concepts that push the boundaries of activewear performance.
We are looking for a unique profile who has the expertise to lead our technical design function, while at the same time leading product development and overseeing initial production runs of new styles. The ideal candidate would have experience in both technical design and product development roles in the past, and prior DTC experience is a significant plus. We are looking for a teammate with an enthusiastic attitude for tackling projects and pushing the limits of what is possible.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure aesthetic and functional execution of all Ten Thousand styles, from concept to PP samples.
- Develop styles within timelines and guidelines set out by company calendar and merchant product briefs
- Create and maintain product development calendar, with agile critical path deviations for maximum responsiveness
- Provide detailed product pass-offs to vendor partners, including CADs, detailed design instruction, trim direction, fit direction, and fabric information
- Work with design and vendor partners to create mockups and prototypes to explore, resolve, or prove new concepts, construction techniques and product features
- Lead all aspects of technical design, from fittings to grading to construction details to specing all samples
- Coordinate and lead all fits, with contribution from design and VP of product
- Actively manage production of new styles, including purchasing of materials
- 4-6 years of apparel technical design and/or product development experience. Prior experience in activewear and/or technical outerwear strongly preferred. Prior DTC experience also preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of garment manufacturing, including construction, fit, fabrication, trim and print techniques. Degree or significant experience in technical design is very appreciated.
- Passion for premium, functional product and the desire to forge a path as a market leader in new product concepts.
- Ability to create new product concepts from scratch, with an emphasis on concepts and constructions that have never been created before
- Exceptional attention to product details.
- Pattern making experience is appreciated
- Deep understanding of woven and knit garment design and construction.
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and think strategically when things don’t go as planned.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with creative thinking skills.
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow.
ABOUT TEN THOUSAND
Ten Thousand is the leading brand of premium men’s activewear. After launching with the world’s best training shorts, we have since expanded into a suite of gear designed to keep you going before, during, and after training – and we’re just getting started. We’re obsessed with making the best gear on the market and to make that happen we work with a team of amazing athletes across all modalities, from top Crossfitters competing in the CrossFit games to ultra-marathoners running in 100 miles races to elite members of the U.S. Special Operations Forces.
We’ve been featured in GQ, Esquire, Men’s Health, Gear Patrol, Runner’s World, and other leading lifestyle and fitness outlets, and we’re backed by leading consumer VCs and e-commerce titans. We're building the #1 training brand in the world, and we want you to be a part of it. Learn more on Instagram or at www.tenthousand.cc.