Vice President, Marketing
Ten Thousand is seeking a strategic and data-driven VP of Marketing to lead our Marketing team during a period of rapid growth. In this role, you will work closely with our CEO and VP, Brand to lead all facets of our growth and retention marketing strategies and deliver a best-in-class, multi-channel funnel that drives brand awareness, acquires valuable new customers, and creates long term customer retention. This is a highly cross-functional role that will work closely with all parts of the company, including Merchandising, Planning, and Finance. The ideal candidate for this role has deep consumer and e-commerce marketing experience at top-tier brands and relentlessly pursues execution and impact.
We’re looking for a player-coach with demonstrated entrepreneurial drive, experience leading and mentoring a growing marketing team, and the proven ability to profitably scale a rapidly growing brand. As an early member of the team, you will play a key role in defining the broad brand and marketing vision, cultivating long term customer loyalty, and building towards our vision of a category-defining activewear company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Own the end to end customer journey from introducing the brand to prospective customers through to purchase and full customer lifecycle management
- Develop and own channel mix strategy and budgeting across online and offline channels to both drive cost-effective acquisitions and create meaningful brand experiences
- Lead a data-driven, ROI-centric mentality across all marketing efforts
- Plan and execute unique and successful marketing campaigns throughout the marketing funnel, from innovative acquisition tactics to memorable retention strategies
- Oversee creative development for all paid social ads, including translation of insights into testable hypotheses, leading ideation sessions, driving prioritization, helping manage creative resources, and identifying and working with new external partners
- Develop the strategy to test new marketing channels and tactics including paid social, search, direct mail, podcast, streaming TV, affiliates, etc.
- Drive media mix modeling and attribution methodology to optimize channel allocation and budgeting for rapid new customer acquisition
- Develop and oversee a retention strategy that encompasses all direct channels, builds unique customer experiences that drive brand loyalty, and maximizes LTV and retention
- Track and optimize for high value behavior, using these findings to identify high-value customers and drive Retention and LTV
- Lead our customer data and lifecycle CRM, devising strategies for various customer touch points, developing the communications for each audience, and iterating with the team to personalize the customer experience.
- Ensure that new product launches are supported with strong storytelling and product marketing that reinforces overall Ten Thousand brand values and positioning
- Establish reporting benchmarks and KPIs related to growth (volume, CAC, retention, LTV/payback) and own achievement of weekly and monthly KPIs
- Own forecasting and delivery of monthly marketing goals including ad spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention and LTV
- Partner with key cross-functional stakeholders, including Brand, Merchandising, and Planning, to ensure successful execution of company and marketing goals as measured against company- and team-level KPIs
- Partner with Finance on overall company forecasting and demand planning
- Continue to shape and build out the marketing team, recruiting teammates that will shape the future of our business
- Be a student of marketing, e-commerce and our industry to constantly bring new and innovative tactics and ideas to the table
- 10+ years of leading growth and retention marketing at a high-growth DTC or omni-channel brand
- At least 3 years of a track record of leading and and managing direct reports
- Deep knowledge of effective channels and strategies to both build quality brand awareness and develop an efficient full-funnel acquisition strategy
- Superior analytical skills with natural ability to use data to drive decision making
- Deep hands-on experience managing a wide variety of online and offline marketing channels
- Team player with balance of entrepreneurial drive, hustle and humility
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and get the job done
- Ability to deal in ambiguity and find innovative solutions
- Outstanding personal organizational skills and relentless follow-through in a fast paced startup environment
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow
- A passion for fitness and an appreciation for Ten Thousand’s brand values and key differentiators
About Ten Thousand
Ten Thousand is the leading brand of premium men’s activewear. After launching with the world’s best training shorts, we have since expanded into a suite of gear designed to keep you going before, during, and after training – and we’re just getting started. We’re obsessed with making the best gear on the market and to make that happen we work with a team of amazing athletes across all modalities, from top CrossFitters competing in the CrossFit games to ultra-marathoners running in 100 miles races to elite members of the U.S. Special Operations Forces.
We’ve been featured in GQ, Esquire, Men’s Health, Gear Patrol, Runner’s World, and other leading lifestyle and fitness outlets, and we’re backed by leading consumer VCs and e-commerce titans. We're building the #1 training brand in the world, and we want you to be a part of it.