We are looking for an experienced Merchandiser to join the YMC team in London, working across both menswear and womenswear.
Reporting to the Founder and Creative Director, this will be a full-time role managing the product merchandising process as well as retail merchandising for our e-commerce channel and stores.
You will be working closely with Product Development, Design and Production to deliver well-rounded collections.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Merchandiser is an integral part of the collection assortment process.
The Merchandiser will work with design, development, and production to develop well-rounded YMC collections.
This role will also work closely with the stores to ensure their needs are met from a product perspective.
You will manage the global business through strong reporting and understanding best-sellers in relation to what is currently relevant in the marketplace.
You will bring new ideas to the table through market research and competitive analysis.
You will contribute to the success of YMC through strong product assortment, optimising processes, and building relationships across departments.
- Support Design throughout the development process via historical data analysis, competitive research, etc.
- Maintain regular sell-through reporting and advise best-sellers.
- Stay current on trends in the market and provide comprehensive research that is relevant to the brand.
Costing / Pricing
- Conduct competitive analysis on domestic and international markets.
- Maintain and communicate updated pricing to Sales and Production teams.
Retail Buy & Support
- Regularly analyse business and make suggestions to maximize sell through percentage.
- Communicate frequently with the stores and sales associates.
- Work with visual merchandising to promote key stories and styles in-stores.
Manage Market Deliverables
- Create and maintain updated line sheets and other market tools for in-house wholesale teams.
- Provide daily merchandising updates (additions/cancellations/production notes) to wholesale team during market.
- Create and communicate internal line sheets for all departments.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Analytical, numerical and Excel skills
- Extremely detail-orientated
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Able to successfully manage and execute priorities in a timely manner within a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the retail market
- Team player: ability to work proactively and effectively