Wood Wood is looking for an experienced and highly creative Womenswear Designer who can elevate and evolve the Wood Wood brand aesthetic while supporting the overall brand direction. We are looking for someone who is able to drive the creative process working closely with the Head of Design and Design team. The Womenswear Designer will be responsible of four annual collections with specific focus on woven products and accessories.
Research seasonal theme and inspiration, fabric and colour concepts in collaboration with the Design team. Throughout the season deliver your own original ideas to bring freshness and relevance to the product.
Participate in fittings and display a high level of confidence and attitude in developing styles from sketch to production.
Develop a close working relationship with the Product Development team to ensure they are up to date on sketch development, passing correct tech packs and instructions for fabric and trim.
Participate in research/inspiration trips and factory visits when needed.
Creative and intuitive mindset, with the ability to think outside the box and an eye for detail.
Motivated self-starter who can perform under pressure.
• Understanding of garment construction and strong fabric knowledge.
• Great understanding and feel for the Wood Wood brand and competitive landscape.
• A good understanding of sustainability.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team.
• High work ethic, integrity, and good time management skills.
• Commercially minded, quickly responding to business/market needs.
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Written and oral fluency in English.
• The level of responsibility/seniority given in the role will be based on the candidate’s professional experience.
• Minimum 3 years professional experience.