Production & Product Development Assistant
ALIX NYC is looking for a Production/Product Development Assistant. The ideal candidate will assist department managers with domestic development, sampling & production from beginning to end.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in regular visits to domestic factories in Midtown for routine status checks, pick ups/drop offs and assist in quality control as needed.
- Manage inventory of in-house trim, size labels, main labels, hangtags, care labels, etc.
- Assist in managing prep of all trim packs for factories.
- Aid in Production sample tracking: SRS/PPS/TOP – Tagging garments, organizing and pack down of all rejected fit samples.
- Filing & Data Entry – Making sure seasonal binders are organized and documents filed. Updating cutters musts, spec sheets, cut tickets, etc as needed.
- Contribute to team efforts by completing projects and tasks as needed
- Assist in issuing cut tickets/pattern hand off to domestic factories.
- Help with weekly fitting prep and organizing fit notes.
- Sits in on development fittings when needed.
- Aid in sourcing local trim/fabric as needed.
- Assist with updating and maintaining PD budget tracker
- Pattern upkeep and organization: Pulling reference patterns for patternmaker and managing/updating master pattern tracker.
- Assist with Design and Product development team needs: Doing design research, updating seasonal boards & assisting in seasonal photoshoots.
- Tracks and organizes all sales samples, ensures they are properly tagged and presentable for seasonal markets
- Create technical flats.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Knowledgeable in Abobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in RLM is a plus
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet all objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Organized and extremely detail oriented
- Eager to learn and grow in the fashion apparel business