Retail Manager - Edinburgh
Working within our flagship Edinburgh store on Multrees Walk, you will hold a key role within our fast-growing business. Taking ownership and accountability for the store, you will lead and motivate the team to drive sales and create a vibrant instore atmosphere, whilst ensuring the store runs as efficiently and profitably as possible. You will lead by example as an ambassador for the brand and ensure that all customers receive the best Strathberry experience.
Although not essential, Mandarin language skills are highly desirable within this role, to support relationships with local tour guides and our local Chinese customers.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the daily operations of the store.
- Managing and motivating the store team to perform consistently and ensure sales targets are met and exceeded.
- Being present on the shop floor and leading by example; offering exceptional customer service at all times - from initial engagement through to final sale
- Rota management, recruitment, training, supervision and appraisal of store team members
- Managing and delivering daily, weekly and monthly reporting of KPIs
- Liaising with the London Retail team to ensure processes and procedures are followed and highlighting any regionally-specific challenges.
- Ensuring close control of stock management and POS system, managing store inventory and monthly stock takes.
- Working to build a strong client base, which would include working with our Digital team to develop virtual sales opportunities.
- Creating and managing a business and marketing plan for the store in order to drive sales, including strategies to raise footfall, develop new customer relationships and partnership opportunities
- Understanding changes in local customer habits and influencing direction of the store to accommodate this.
- Coordinating other retail activity and managing instore events.
- Minimum of 3 years’ Retail management experience within luxury fashion or retail
- Experience in driving store KPI’s, staff planning and inventory management.
- Exceptional leadership skills, able to motivate and develop a strong store team
- Able to operate as an ambassador for the brand, confident to effectively communicate the brand story, and able to foster strong customer and partner relationships
- Organised, able to multitask, prioritise and delegate tasks.
- Professional, with the ability to act confidentially at all times.
- A good level of numeracy and the ability to produce and maintain accurate records.
- Native or professional level verbal and written Chinese (Mandarin) language skills, in addition to an excellent level of verbal and written English skills
- Experience in supporting social media, including taking responsibility for answering direct messages and responding to comments on Chinese social media.