GAUGE81 is the new contemporary. The brand is young, fast-growing and based on the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam. Using striking angles and playful proportions, GAUGE81 (pronounced GO-SH eighty-one) blurs the line between evening and casual wear. Undisputably feminine, the brand is a study in contrast and retro references that are at once familiar and completely unexpected.
We design, source and manufacture collections and capsules. Our clients include Net a Porter, Matches Fashion, Bergdorf Goodman, Moda Operandi and Browns Fashion among others.
GAUGE81 is looking for a Senior Designer to join our international, creative and collaborative team. We are looking for someone who has vision, spunk and strays left of center creatively. Someone who is brimming with passion, know-how, fresh ideas and ready to be at the helm of our collections.
The ideal candidate has a solid background in Fashion Design and excellent drawing skills, with an impressive portfolio, and a strong pulse on trends—what's happening today and what's happening next—ultimately bringing a fresh perspective and unique creativity to the table. All this, coupled with excellent (project) management skills and the ability to work with many different personalities and juggle many timelines is the key to this position. The job comes with growth opportunity and autonomy to create, drive and oversee all design and collection development efforts.
- Inspiration research; researching and identifying trend directions; creating concept and mood boards; producing trend boards with garment sketches & fabrics, trims;
- Sourcing fabrics & trims
- Apply findings from research to a seasonally relevant, cohesive collection that embodies the GAUGE81 DNA, stays true to our essence and is well-balanced in fabrication and is thoroughly merchandised;
- Work closely with our Creative Director in the design for all of our collections (including main and capsule collections); overseeing the development of our collections from sketch until proto samples
- Take on a leading role within the design team; guiding and inspiring them to work together towards a compelling vision
- Keeping a clear overview of our annual planning; respecting tight deadlines
- Create sketches and work close with technical designer who creates tech packs and technical drawings in Illustrator;
- Liaise with the Production & Development department during fittings and aligning all deadlines
- HBO/ Bachelor work and thinking level;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as designer for a fashion brand within the luxury sector;
- Innovative and highly talented: your portfolio is full of inventive designs and you enjoy brainstorm sessions and developing initial ideas to sketches;
- An expert eye for detail, design, and accuracy;
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop;
- A can-do attitude, hard-working, solution-oriented
- Great organization and communication skills, with the ability to liase with different departments, keep within tight deadlines and manage expectations
- Highly proficient in English (spoken and written)
- Must be able to work full-time at our office located in the centre of Amsterdam
- Available to begin in October / November