Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York and Australia. We have more than 25 million registered users in 180+ countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Depop exists to build the world's most diverse progressive home of fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
We are looking for an experienced, inspirational Creative Lead who is obsessed with youth and fashion culture. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Creative Lead is a key role in driving Depop's brand identity and creative output through our advertising, marketing, digital and CRM channels. You'll work closely with marketing leads to create effective, engaging work through our digital channels - leveraging Depop’s brand identity and unique positioning as the fashion marketplace for a young, diverse, progressive Community.
- Drive innovative creative ideation and execution for Depop marketing, social and partnership campaigns, activations and content to deliver on marketing goals.
- Develop, define, and be ultimately accountable to the creative approach across Depop’s digital campaigns and CRM channels - messaging, design, art direction, video motion graphics
- Collaborate with the Growth Marketing, Performance Marketing and CRM leads to create and drive content strategy across those channels and media
- Drive creative excellence to ensure the output of the creative team is of the highest possible standard, manage and mentor a team of designers and art-directors (full-time and freelance) to deliver world-class, effective creative
- Alongside Creative Director and Head of Brand, continually manage the Depop brand identity: ensuring this is central and consistent across all creative projects and platforms
- Ability to structure/deliver outstanding creative presentations (internally or externally)
- Champion new and interesting creative talent within the industry
- Recognise opportunities to grow and shape Depop through partnerships and collaborations with brands and talent who align with our values (community, entrepreneurship, sustainability)
- Prioritise work and resources for digital and CRM creative, partnering with the team Producer(s) to establish production approaches, processes, and schedules
- Lead strong relationships with external creative agencies and partners where necessary
- Analyse campaign performance, market trends, consumer needs and the competitive landscape to inform the work of your team
- Act as a creative thought leader for your team and for the rest of Depop - working closely with, and supporting the Creative Director.
- Work closely with internal key stakeholders and senior leaders
- Extensive experience in conceptual creative work, art-direction, graphic design in a Senior Creative role (a minimum of 8+ years working within a fashion and youth culture advertising agency, brand, or creative environment)
- Strong creative vision and experience of business and digital performance channels- Digital Marketing and CRM
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering a broad range of creative projects including brand campaigns, activations, moving image, design systems, events, digital, motion graphics, print, social campaigns
- Hands on highly skilled motion designer able to create outstanding creative designs and assets for campaigns
- Understanding of digital assets production at scale, post production workflow & the technical requirements of digital marketing assets (Incl. video formats, email templates, quality etc.)
- Understanding of social media, new digital formats and trends
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changeable environment
- Experience developing targeted creative across multiple markets (US and non-English market experience is a big plus)
- Experience in brief conception, storyboarding and on set art direction for shoots and campaigns, moving image and stills
- Advanced technical skill set; including graphic design, typography, art direction, moving image and motion graphics animation, and use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Act as a brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people/ brands for future opportunities
- Calm under pressure, resourceful and a creative problem solver, used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset, and collaborative nature is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for fashion and youth culture