To ensure prompt receipt of customer debt and assist the FC with daily/weekly/monthly tasks.
• Highly organised, works accurately, and has strong attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
• Able to use own initiative and has a pro-active approach to investigate and resolve issues
• Is a team player and also work autonomously with minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Raising invoices, credit notes, and other AR related documentation.
• Perform credit control activities to chase debts and process payments.
• Posting bank transactions including direct debits, bank transfers, standing orders, payments and customer receipts.
• Reconciling weekly receipts from store, eComm, and Wholesale.
• Performing daily/weekly Bank Reconciliations between bank accounts and general ledger and other balance sheet accounts
• Monitoring the Accounts Receivable email inbox and deal with queries from customers.
• Managing petty cash.
• Set up payments and assist with the weekly payment run
• Support the Financial Controller in the preparation of month end management accounts and overall month end process
• Ensure all month end and year end processes are completed.
• Confident in communicating to the finance and wider non-finance team.
• An understanding of various accounting systems, ideally with experience using Oracle Netsuite.
• Dealing with customer and supplier queries and coordinating with other teams to resolve issues.
• Assisting with any ad hoc finance tasks and projects to help the finance team meet deadlines
• Part-qualified/qualified by experience
• Minimum of 2 years experience preferred
• Confident Excel knowledge and a strong analytical understanding
• Familiarity with accounting programs and software. Knowledge of Netsuite is a plus
• Understanding of principles of finance, bookkeeping and accounting
Please apply with your CV and supporting covering letter via BOF.