Assistant Print Designer (Maternity Cover)
We are recruiting for an Assistant Print Designer to work on our PS Women’s Collection. Working in close collaboration with the PS Print Design Team, PS Designers & Sales team, to assist and support the team with researching, designing, and developing the printed artwork collections. The initial contract will be for 6 months; however, this may be extended in line with the needs of the business.
• To assist and support with the design and development of the printed fabric collections including shirting, dresses, t-shirts, cuffs, outer wear, and embroideries.
• To produce innovative all over and placement prints that relate to the seasonal brief and PS aesthetic.
• To develop artwork by hand and source archived material to use for manipulation in order to create printed artwork that is relevant to the Collection.
• To generate research and develop design ideas under the direction of the Head of Print, Senior Print Designers & Print Designer.
• To work out scale, colour and repeats presenting ideas/ designs to the designers as the season develops, ensuring prints coordinate with the rest of the collection.
• To ensure that all artwork is put into repeat on the computer, ready to be sent out to factories by set deadlines.
• To follow the complete print design process and critical path, ensuring all print deadlines are respected and strictly adhered to.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a Print Design role within the fashion industry.
· A proven history of developing innovative printed artwork.
· Exceptional drawing skills are a must together with outstanding Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator knowledge.
· An excellent sense of colour.
· Fully competent at putting artwork in repeat.
· Strong commercial awareness with a solid understanding of seasons, deadlines and working within a busy design studio.
· Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
· Able to plan, organise and prioritise to meet set deadlines.
· Proactive, self-motivated, and disciplined.
· Creative flair, with the ability to assess colour, prints and textiles.
· Excellent research skills.
· Attentive to detail and able to think creatively.
· Interest and knowledge of textile and print designs, in the luxury womenswear market.
Please note this role requires that you submit an online link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples, this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.