Director of Merchandising
The Director of Merchandising will lead the product strategy and buying for all products across all channels of distribution for Lunya & Lahgo. You will collaborate with our many cross functional teams to develop compelling strategies to support our growth across all channels and build an outstanding and innovative assortment.
- Collaborate with design, marketing, and production on a product strategy and line plans to deliver a product that is both commercially viable, innovative and on brand
- Serve as the leader of the Cross-Functional Team, aligning all partners towards a common goal and clear product vision. Manage the process of executing product from conception to commercialization.
- Create seasonal business strategies and assortments by channel that meet financial goals and customer expectations
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the customer and identify opportunities for new product by following consumer behavior patterns, aspirations, and influences
- Identify and incorporate relevant trends into the product offering in a brand-appropriate way
- Responsible for product pricing, gross margin, and partnering with planning on seasonal buys to deliver profit
- Partner with Planning on weekly, monthly, and qtrly business recapping and the monthly OTB to forecast sales and manage inventory
- Partner with Marketing and Ecommerce to ensure assortment and marketing supports strategy and financial goals
- 8 or more years of apparel merchandising experience with a vertical retailer. Functional apparel experience a plus
- Experience growing businesses by developing merchandise plans with trend-right product for the customer across multiple categories and channels
- A blend of creative merchandising skills and strong financial analysis skills
- Experience building line plans, driving product assortments, and partnering with design to conceive product concepts that grow business
- A track-record of building, aligning, and inspiring teams
- Collaborative leadership style and diverse partnership abilities
- High taste fashion
- Experience working in a design-oriented, proprietary product business
- An optimistic and enthusiastic relationship builder and hands-on leader
- Understand the Lunya and Lahgo brand and it’s positioning in the market
- Brings a purposeful and happy approach to work
In addition to base compensation, this role will also provide a discount on Lunya and Lahgo goods, 401k, medical insurance, and PTO in accordance with company policy.
Who we are: At Lunya and Lahgo, we are reimagining meaningful rest from what they wear to the experiences they have. Our team is smart, creative, passionate, and entrepreneurial-minded, who meet the same superior standards we set for our products. We’re a young company so nothing is above or below you. Our company culture is special and unique – you’ll dig it, we promise.
Interested? Send your resume, cover letter, and any portfolio to us at email@example.com