Production Assistant PFD
We are looking for a Product assistant to join our dedicated RTW (Ready-to Wear) team across all collections and projects. You will support the production team of high-end quality collections from all phases of pre-production to production within the allocated delivery window. This role requires a creative, problem solving, flexible and cooperative approach.
The work environment at Nili Lotan fast paced and energetic, no day is ever the same. This position is based at Nili Lotan Office in Tribeca NYC.
- Support domestic/import production team in all aspects of garment production, from sampling through G&M, cutting, sewing, dyeing, washing, finishing, QC and shipping.
- Communicate daily with factories and suppliers on all related production issues.
- Assist PD/pre-production team during development process to help cost coming collections.
- Build and maintain a constructive and positive relationship with suppliers, contractors, and factories.
- Follow T&A calendar, assisting with helping meet target dates from PP launch through bulk delivery to warehouse.
- Work with patternmaking, technical design, G&M teams to obtain and maximize accuracy of consumptions, fabrications, trims, processes.
- Attend production fittings and assist in relaying fit comments and returning samples to factories.
- Work with trucking companies and logistics team on inbound shipments, ; consolidate or expedite as necessary.
- Visit 3PL, stores as necessary for occasional QC checks.
- Help update style information, BOMs, costing, POs and shipments in ERP system and charts.
- Validate and approve factory, supplier and freight invoices as needed.
- Participate in weekly team meetings with production and tech design, advise of issues or concerns of delivery.
Additional tasks may include and are not limited to:
- Help with deliveries and handoffs of samples, trims, cut tickets to factories
- Help to inspect/QC cutwork and garments at all stages of production
- Report on communicated or observed progress at factories
- Attend weekly WIP meeting and fittings, when needed
- Inventory of garments, fabric, trim and materials
- Update WIP charts and ERP system, as needed
- Be able to support related personnel and teams in times of need, e.g., pre-production to show samples before delivery
- 1 year of experience in production and or product development, or multiple internships in same
- Experience with domestic factories required
- RLM or similar ERP/PLM system experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel
- Detail oriented with a strong sense of ownership over projects and sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational skills and proactive work ethic
- Strong ability to self-manage, prioritize, and execute at a high level