Market Analyst, U.S. Fashion Apparel
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The U.S. Fashion Apparel business at NPD works with some of the most exciting companies and brands in the Fashion industry. This team is currently seeking a data-savvy Account Analyst to be an integral team member dedicated to managing and growing the relationship between NPD and a strategic portfolio of Apparel manufacturing clients. In this role, you will build strong client relationships, provide actionable insights for decision making and help to drive revenue growth across your assigned group of accounts.
This position will be based in New York City and surrounding area, Greensboro, NC, Port Washington, NY, Chicago, IL, Rosemont, IL or Open to Remote.
- Providing day-to-day servicing support for our clients, as part of the client development team.
- Manage creation and delivery of weekly and/or monthly deliverables and ad hoc data requests using NPD proprietary tools for client requests; ensure that they are delivered on an on-time and accurate basis
- Prepare and deliver impactful and engaging presentations using PowerPoint and excel that weave NPD data sources together to tell a story that delivers value and provides actionable insight to NPD clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD’s products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution
- Accurately interpreting data and clearly articulating issues and findings to both internal and external audiences
- Develop a keen understanding of the client’s organization/strategies/objectives/challenges and use this knowledge to support account service plans that align with client objectives
- Problem-solve and maintain relationship with adaptability, urgency, and positivity.
- Partner with cross-functional departments and teams to ensure success for the business from Operations to Product and Legal teams.
- Potential to manage client relationship and revenue independently.
- Execute against data issues and enhancement needs. Liaise with appropriate NPD teams as needed.
- Conduct client training on NPD applications.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of experience in market research, sales, client servicing, consumer insights, category management or brand management
- Experience in Apparel/Fashion industry or Retailer a plus
- Ability to weave together diverse data sets into succinct, cohesive, and impactful stories.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail – with commitment to total quality and data accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Confident presenting to groups
- Advanced interpersonal skills and strong orientation towards building client relationships
- Proven ability to quickly learn proprietary software/database applications
- Expert in all MS Office products, Excel, PowerPoint, & Word.
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Experienced proficiency in data access tool
- Ability to travel (typically 10% - 15%)
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.