Director of Finance
Carhartt WIP North America seeks a Director of Finance to work in its US office. The Director of Finance is responsible to lead the finance and accounting function for Carhartt WIP North America. Duties for the Finance Director will include direct management of finance and accounting areas, including budgeting, planning and forecasting, financial performance, internal controls, risk management, procure-to-pay, inventory and order-to-cash cycles. Reporting to the General Manager and working alongside with other Accounting teams, the Director of Finance must have excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of finance and accounting principles to lead the financial reporting process, conduct in-depth financial analysis, proficient in excel-spreadsheet design to facilitate complex analysis and be a team player to help enhance decision making.
Finance & Accounting Responsibilities
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the general manager; review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting, ensure compliance with debt covenants, contractual obligations, bank relationship and clean financial data.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial metrics to the General Manager and other teams.
- Collect key financial data, interpret the information and create reports for presentation to company business owners to ensure they have a thorough understanding of the organization’s financial condition
- Oversee bookkeeping and accounting by reviewing transaction processing data and building strong relationships with service providers on core accounting functions.
Process Improvement Responsibilities
- Further develop Carhartt WIP N.A.’s finance and accounting processes, and support technology transformation; enhancing financial reporting performance, decision-making, and performance evaluation
- Ensure that finance and accounting processes are consistent and streamlined
- Ensure that the organization has the proper financial systems, policies & procedures, internal controls, segregation of duties
- Ensure that the organization has the proper prevention, detective fraud and conflicts of interest
Technology Transformation Responsibilities
- Support technology transformation efforts by leading finance and accounting requirements to properly select ERP system solution
- Lead projects and initiatives striving to improve maturity profile of the Finance function (ownership of conceptualization, solution identification, implementation and maintenance).
- ·Support development and monitoring of financial systems to manage both internal operations and programmatic work that involve high levels of collaboration, particularly with other key business functions (e.g. IT, Ecommerce, Inventory, etc.)
- 10+ years of combined relevant work experience in Finance, Consulting or Big 4 (Public Accounting firm)
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Master Degree in Business (MBA), Finance or Accounting preferred.
- A consistent track-record of successfully scaling teams and partnering with others.
- Strong experience developing processes and efficiencies and obtaining data from systems, utilizing Excel and other financial software.
- Experience of financial metrics to track quality and decision-making.
- Experience handling confidential information.
- Extensive experience building influential business partnerships, including coming with an established financial network.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Broad financial knowledge including GAAP and comfortability in a growth environment.
- Business acumen and appreciation for the key drivers of business drivers by consumer products
Carhartt WIP USA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse and talented team. We consider, hire, train, promote, and compensate regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.