Director - Beauty
DIRECTOR, BEAUTY DIVISION
BPCM is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Beauty Director with a proven ability to successfully manage high profile beauty brands. Candidates must be adept at multi-tasking, working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, as well as possess strong management and communication skills. Candidate must also have excellent written and oral communication skills, have well established industry relationships, as well as be able to develop, negotiate and manage strategic marketing and promotional partnerships.
- Lead the creation and conception of strategic planning for all clients and oversee the execution of plans with responsibility for feature pitching and brand storytelling.
- Provide strategic direction to clients on initiatives, brand positioning and core messaging
- Direct and manage account teams and oversees all client requests
- Senior day to day contact for client teams
- Oversee and manage the coordination of all internal and external resources
- Manage team members during daily activities including event planning, mailings, reporting and program recaps for specific projects
- Ability to lead, manage and mentor junior team members
- Actively fosters a team spirit across both NY and LA offices
- Cultivate relationships with top-tier consumer, business and trade press
- Leverage these relationships to secure features for clients across broadcast, print and digital
- Possess extremely strong/expert level knowledge of beauty media practices, as well as proven results garnering coverage with influencers and in print, broadcast TV and online mediums
- Oversee the planning and execution of PR and influencer events (Fashion Week, Press/Influencer Trips, Product Launches, Deskside Meetings, Store Openings, etc.)
- Have an awareness of pop culture events, editorial calendars, seasonal and celebrity trends to effectively and proactively apply story angle development that is strategic and timely in order to maximize brand features and product placements across national, regional, online, trade and broadcast outlets
- Partner with BPCM Influencer lead and team on all client influencer initiatives, ensuring KPIs are met and exceeded.
- Develop relationships with client appropriate lifestyle, fashion and beauty influencers to maximize content opportunities and brand exposure on their channels
- Identify relevant strategic partnerships for clients, assist in developing those relationships
- Possess a combination of creative and strategic thinking; ability to be an out of the box thinker and contribute to agency wide brainstorms across all divisions and practices
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and have ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented and high-energy environment
- Ability to manage several accounts independently with a positive and proactive attitude
- Capable of developing a makeup artist engagement strategy across press, social, influencer, etc.
- Oversee contracted ambassadors from identification to fee negotiation, contracting, time and schedule management
- Facilitate MUA social opportunities from artist identification, vetting, fee negotiation and/or contract management, drafting product messaging, execution and social monitoring
- Manage team for in person glam appointments inclusive of artist identification, fee negotiation and/or contract management
- Responsible for MUA relationship building: In-person meetings, calls, email communication and proactive check-ins, includes always on policy for proactive and reactive opportunities
- Help lead the business development of BPCM Beauty, cultivating relationships in the market for new business opportunities
- Lead and participate in new business recommendations, proposals and presentations
- Oversee all budgeting and invoice tracking, ensuring accuracy and reconciliation
- Facilitate regular client budget updates
- Responsible for ensuring projects remain on budget
- Works with BPCM team members in overseeing project budget estimates and tracking and reconciliation
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience at a PR agency or in house working on campaigns with top Beauty brands.
- B.A., preferably in related field such as Marketing, PR, Communications and/or Journalism
- Must have substantial experience in the development, execution and management of brand/product integrated marketing communications, public relations plans, events and promotions with top tier Beauty brands in both mass and prestige categories
- Sustainability experience is preferred
- Must exhibit strong writing, communication, and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues
- Must have experience in senior level pitching and feature development
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; adept at developing rapport with clients to maintain strong working relationships
- Team leader with ability to mentor and develop junior team members
- Independent thinker with hands-on can-do, “roll up your sleeves” attitude
We believe that where you work matters and, as a career community, we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy! This is your chance to work with a great portfolio of luxury, beauty accounts, beautiful office space in Dumbo, surrounded by great teammates in an inclusive, high energy, supportive, client pleasing, fast-paced environment. We would love to meet you!
We offer a competitive salary, medical/dental, vision, 401K, Commuter Benefits, FSA, summer hours and a generous PTO policy.