We are looking for an experienced Buyer to help us launch a new range of Home Furnishings.
You might already be a buyer looking for your next opportunity, or perhaps you are looking for a new challenge in a growing business. Either way you will be highly commercial, a strategic thinker, negotiator and have strong knowledge of supply base.
As a buyer you will develop, produce and deliver a collection on time that maximises sales and profit, achieves the target margin, drives the business and trading opportunities in line with the design strategy. What we need additionally though, is someone who can be creative and innovative in their thinking, demonstrate agility through trade, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
If you are looking for a new challenge where no two days are the same and are excited about business growth, then this role is for you!
Product categories include bedding, table linens, cushions, throws and accessories.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Design, Technical & Merchandising teams to develop and deliver a balanced collection which encompasses creativity, style and commerciality in conjunction with the Product Director.
- Assess sales performance, trends, competitors, best/worst sellers and help to formulate lessons learnt with other departments
- Evaluate, propose and implement any actions that need to be taken on trading the current business and to influence the development of future product or forth coming collections
- Regularly visit competitors to compare the product offer. Monitor market activity including regular comp shops. Have a good understanding of relevant trends and review the seasonal catwalks.
- Progress, monitor and manage the development of the range from concept to delivery into the warehouse. Monitor each stage of development and production to ensure key critical path dates are met
- Ensure supplier allocation of product is balanced
- Negotiate prices to achieve margin without a detrimental effect to the product and ensuring the design vision is kept
- Work closely with suppliers (including visits) to understand their strengths and weaknesses
- Ensure accuracy of data into various systems at hush
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications are encouraged from individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.