We are looking for an experienced Designer to help us launch a new range of Home Furnishings. You might already be an experienced designer looking for your next opportunity, or perhaps you are looking for a new challenge in a growing business. Either way you will be highly creative, have 3-5 years’ experience in home furnishings design and a strong knowledge of materials and supply base. As a designer you will create, produce, and deliver a collection on time that maximises sales and profits, adheres to the company aesthetic, drives the business and trading opportunities in line with the strategy. What we need is someone who can be creative and innovative in their thinking, demonstrate agility through trade, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. If you are looking for a new challenge where no two days are the same and are excited about business growth, then this role is for you! Product categories include bedding, table linens, cushions, throws and accessories.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Work closely with the Buying, Technical & Merchandising teams to develop and deliver a balanced collection which encompasses creativity, style and commerciality in conjunction with the Product Director.
• Assess products, trends, competitors, and create a range of home products that fit the lifestyle of the Hush consumer.
• Evaluate, propose, and implement any actions that need to be taken on trading the current business and to influence the development of future product or forth coming collections.
• Regularly visit competitors to compare the product offer. Monitor market activity including regular comp shops. Have a good understanding of relevant trends and review the seasonal product offerings.
• Create Mood Boards, Colour Stories and Design Concepts.
• Create Tech Packs and liaise with the supply base to create a strong product offer.
• Work closely with suppliers (including visits) to understand their strengths and weaknesses.
• Ensure accuracy of data into various systems at hush.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications are encouraged from individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.