SENIOR BI DEVELOPER
Gymshark is a fast paced and dynamic company and recognises that in order to keep growing, we need to put data at the centre of the decisions we make – ensuring we are truly data led. The Data function underpins this vision by providing the data, analysis and research to drive and validate our business strategies.
As a senior member of the team, you will drive improvements and efficiencies to Gymshark’s data visualisation and reporting capabilities, while identifying opportunities to showcase our data in new and engaging ways across the business.
Acting as a key partner to teams across the business to ensure data is engaging and accessible, allowing it to be utilised at the heart of decision making.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Establish best practices for reporting and data visualization, so that data can be easily interpreted and utilised to inform strategic decisions.
- Support and train members of the data function and across the business in dashboard development and best practice
- Working across the entire business, proactively identifying opportunities for automation of data reporting and visualisation
- Develop a complete knowledge of all data sources and maintain a strong relationship with the wider data function, in order to provide them with the reporting and support they need
- Be a key business partner to teams across the organization, to understand their key business challenges and needs from a data perspective, working with teams to solve their challenges and needs
- Adopt a continuous learning approach to BI development and reporting techniques, keeping up to date with the latest thinking and practices
- Influence the approaches to using data across the business, particularly within the go to market function. Driving a data led culture and providing advice, support and recommendations on how data can improve business initiatives
- Have the confidence to challenge the status quo and develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Develop interesting and innovative data presentation techniques and identify opportunities to improve existing reports
- Contributing to the creation of complex data sources and reports, to provide concise and meaningful insight to the whole business
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Proven track record of advanced dashboard development in Tableau or another visualization tool
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and techniques
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, translating complex concepts into simple terms where required
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise workload and manage stakeholders effectively
- An understanding of data warehousing principals
- A methodical, analytical and logical thinker, with the ability to see the bigger picture and get to the underlying business questions and challenges that need answering
- The ability to plan and structure workload, collaboratively delivering under pressure and to deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a risk-taking, fast paced environment
- Highly numerate and commercially aware
WE HIRE PEOPLE.
Real-life humans, each with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities and a background and body that is completely individual. Together, all these unique humans make Gymshark stronger.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for or considering applying for a job with us, and we want you to know that Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. For us, that means we always, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment and that we do not, and will not, tolerate discrimination of any kind.
As a key ‘go to market’ function, the tech team are central to the delivery of our products and services and operate to the Agile framework to deliver highly scalable user experiences to our customers and to the rest of the business through our mobile applications, data pipelines internal applications and our E-commerce presence. Alongside that, as a business founded in technology, we drive innovation and contribute back to the communities we are part of, including the open source software community. Every member of the Engineering team is an ambassador for Gymshark as a Tech company.
In your role as a business analyst, you will be a pragmatic problem solver with an inquisitive nature with your ability to communicate clearly and confidently you will work when working as part of a sprint team.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, you’ll work as part of a team of business analysts and delivery people spanning mobile, web, backend software, infrastructure and automation products.
The focus is on the delivery of highly scalable customer experiences across mobile and web based client side applications, software, APIs and internal applications.
Above all of that though, you'll add to our culture – the most important aspect of any role within the Gymshark family. Complacency is the enemy, we work hard, we stay humble and we challenge the norm.
- Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
- Full private medical insurance with no excess
- 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
- A truly flexible working culture
- A collaborative, creative, and inspiring working environment
- Employer pension contributions up to 7%
- Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
- 50% Gymshark Discount & Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
- Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
- Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
- Choice of hardware and access to the best software
- Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
- Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS CAMPUS PERKS.
- Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
- Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
- Free monthly massages
- Beauty and Barber facilities
- Free on-site parking