Location: Manchester, UK
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: From £18K
Closing Date: 01/10/21
Who We Are
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready To Wear, unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Based in the heart of Manchester, UK - experiencing huge global growth, we are now searching for the best talent in the industry as Team MERABI grows.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine Merabi is a self-taught seamstress, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. Partnered by Blue Wilson, an innovative International Business graduate, Nadine and Blue are trailblazers for the future of fashion.
From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, the team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest. Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make their mark at a fast-paced, luxury global fashion brand.
Where the Design Assistant fits:
Reporting directly to the senior design team you will have the unique opportunity to work closely with them gaining first hand experience into the creative process at MERABI HQ. You will be responsible for supporting the design team in day to day tasks ensuring all administrative work is completed and continuously up to date and assisting the running of all design practices. This is a fantastic opportunity for a fashion graduate looking to join the industry with a fast paced and exciting brand.
Your role plays a crucial part throughout the whole business and you'll work closely with all departments.
Due to the global nature of our brand, you’ll have to have a flexible approach to your working hour times.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Daily admin to support the smooth running of the design team.
- Working directly with overseas suppliers.
- Working to the critical path to ensure all samples arrive within the correct time frame.
- Maintaining and organising fabric and trim library.
- Attending weekly design and fit sessions to take and log notes.
- Assisting in photoshoot preparation.
- Trend research to identify key inspiration for upcoming seasons
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant Fashion Design qualification to degree level or similar.
- Ability to work both independently or as part of a team.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Confident individual with the ability to present to the wider team.
- Proficient use of Adobe suite (Illustrator and photoshop) & Excel.
- Fluent english both spoken and written.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt ways of working to meet brand requirements and deadlines.
- Highly organised with good time management skills.
Values & Behaviours
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run. We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- You generate positive energy and energise others.
- You are a problem solver, are always solution orientated with a can do attitude.
- You’re a grafter - no task is too big or small for you, you’ll get stuck in whatever you need to.
- You drive your projects forward with intensity and are committed to driving-results collaboratively, we bring ideas to life in weeks rather than months.
- You get, give and encourage candid feedback so we can get better at what we do.
- You interact with mutual respect, cooperative, caring and helpful behaviour.
- You don't live in a world of good enough - you live in a world where we can do better and expect excellence from yourself and your teammates every day.
What’s in it for you
- Regular team socials
- Opportunity to travel with work
- Weekly free P.T and Meditation sessions
- Flexible working opportunity
- Generous staff discount on all MERABI products
- Dedicated days to furthering skills and personal development
- Work as a part of a unique and rapidly growing team
- Opportunity to make your mark in a globally known and expanding company
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.