SENIOR FABRIC DEVELOPER
Are you our next Senior Fabric Developer? At Gymshark you’ll manage fabric developments, in alignment with the Material strategy and creative vision. You will work closely with the Design, Product Management, Product Development, Sustainability, and Innovation teams ensuring the aesthetic, functional and commercial needs of fabrics are met to deliver world class products to the Conditioning Community.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for managing seasonal and long-range fabric developments, attaining item validation and technical approval (buy-ready status) in line with quality and performance standards as well as financial targets.
- Responsible for ensuring all fabrics are approved and tested during the fabric development process, attaining buy-ready status in accordance with Product Creation Calendar timelines.
- Build and maintain close relationships with teams such as Design, Product Management, Product Development, Sustainability, and Innovation ensuring efficient collaboration and the delivery of the Material strategy.
- Be the key Material contact to a wide range of Product stakeholders within both GSHQ and regional/liaison offices (and at times to the wider business) for all material related questions.
- Support and manage the team, providing workload direction and building their materials knowledge and capabilities.
- Manage and contribute to multiple projects with competing deadlines, both within and external to the Product Creation Calendar.
- Responsible for driving and executing material consolidation in accordance with Material strategy to continuously improve material efficiency.
- Contribute towards the creation of the material toolbox to ensure information is clear and well presented for other teams to efficiently utilise when building product.
- Lead material selection meetings, coaching teams on how to drive consolidation to improve material efficiency while delivering against Material strategy, creative vision and Product wide strategies.
- Collaborate with Material Development counterparts in regional/liaison offices, working together to deliver against the Product Creation Calendar timelines, improve processes and improve efficiencies.
- Be a consultant during fabric selection meetings, ensuring fit for purpose fabrics are selected which meet the products functional, aesthetic, and financial needs.
- Be a key partner to Product by collaborating and improving product creation set up tools and processes.
- Research and present information on material trends and innovations gathered from supplier meetings, industry, and material fairs.
- Interpret and use data to make informed decisions regarding the Material strategy.
- Use data in various settings including quality and performance measurement, presentations, commercial based decisions and KPI measuring.
- Identify correct material sources for new developments based on functional and aesthetic needs, whilst being aligned with Material strategy, Sourcing strategy/policies and financial targets.
- Analyse supplier performance and make suggestions on improvements.
What you'll need:
- Strong understanding of the apparel design and development lifecycle.
- Excellent know-how of fabric application to support the aesthetic, functional, technical, and commercial needs of the product.
- Strong knowledge of fabric physical properties and performance testing.
- Advanced technical materials knowledge, including fibres, yarns, knit and woven fabrications.
- Advanced knowledge of textile manufacturing, dyeing, and finishing.
- Extensive experience in material development experience.
- Experience working with performance fabrics is highly desired.
- Knowledge of garment construction.
- Ability to anticipate problems, offer solutions, and address issues with materials.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to deliver presentations to various business levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and data management systems such as PLM.
- Collaborative and team orientated.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate effectively to get the most out of stakeholders.
- Ability to cope with change in a fast-moving energetic environment.
When normal office working resumes, our expectation would require you to attend GSHQ, Solihull, UK a couple of days a week.
WE HIRE PEOPLE.
Real-life humans, each with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities and background and body that is completely individual. Together, all these unique humans make Gymshark stronger.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for or considering applying for a job with us, and we want you to know that Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. For us, that means we always, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment and that we do not, and will not, tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing e-commerce systems
Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
Full private medical insurance with no excess
25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
A truly flexible working culture
A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
Employer pension contributions up to 7%
Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
50% Gymshark Discount
Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
Choice of hardware and access to the best software
Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS CAMPUS PERKS.
Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
Free monthly massages
Beauty and Barber facilities
Free on-site parking