MIDDLEWEIGHT CREATIVE (ART DIRECTOR)
Are you our next Middleweight Creative? We're looking for an experienced MiddleWeight Creative) who will bring industry-leading ideas and unique perspectives to our brand and product campaigns. As a Middle-Weight Creative (Art Director) you are integral in bringing the vision of the creative team to life. You’re passionate and curious about creativity with a flair for visual culture and design, always bringing disruptive ideas to the table. Sound like you?
Here's the role up close:
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- You'll be leading on product campaigns, reactive content, and BAU activity - introducing initial campaign concepts to the business and following them through to final delivery of assets, alongside assisting in the development of the wider brand narrative with the senior team.
- Ideate and deliver initial concepts in answer to a brief including rationale, visual mood boards, creative strategy, and execution examples.
- Design and deliver pitch decks and presentations to the wider business within timelines set by the project management team
- Shape the mood and spirit of creative concepts through contemporary and intuitive art direction - across imagery, video, talent, location, design, typography, and creative direction where needed.
- Work collaboratively with the internal design, copywriting, video, styling, production, and retouch departments to bring your creative vision to life on time and on budget.
- Plan and execute shot-lists and storyboards for all shoots alongside internal production and styling teams.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal post-production teams to ensure delivery of final assets is on the concept and of the highest standards. This includes design, artwork, video edit, and retouch.
- Work alongside the design team to create templates and guides for artwork, motion graphic artists, and animators as needed.
- Create mock campaign imagery as needed during post-production stages Provide retouching and colour grading notes for both video and print.
- Deliver exciting concept presentations to the wider business and obtain sign-off from key stakeholders.
- Act as an ambassador for the team across the business, championing creative excellence in all areas.
- Lead the art direction across internal teams including design, video, photography, and retouch.
- Attend and lead shoots as needed (the UK and abroad, where possible/necessary).
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Experience in a creative or art direction role with clear evidence of creating and executing conceptual campaigns.
- Education or experience working with photography and/or visual communication, able to demonstrate a clear understanding of technical image-making.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop Experience on medium-large scale photographic and film productions Solid knowledge of video and stills post-production process.
- Typographic and graphic design skill set.
- Excellent communication skills both in-person and via email/phone.
- Meticulous attention to detail, organisation, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to take direction from others and communicate successfully in a small team environment.
- Sound knowledge of the advertising industry, creative trends, and working to a clear brief.
- You should be comfortable with challenging briefs and requirements were needed to achieve what’s best for the project.
When normal office working resumes, our expectation would require you to attend GSHQ, Solihull on occasions. Relocation assistance is not available for this role. You must have the right to work in the United Kingdom
WE HIRE PEOPLE.
Real-life humans, each with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities, and background and body that is completely individual. Together, all these unique humans make Gymshark stronger.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for or considering applying for a job with us, and we want you to know that Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. For us, that means we always, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment and that we do not, and will not, tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
- Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
- Full private medical insurance with no excess
- 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
- A truly flexible working culture
- A collaborative, creative, and inspiring working environment
- Employer pension contributions up to 7%
- Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
- 50% Gymshark Discount & Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
- Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
- Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
- Choice of hardware and access to the best software
- Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
- Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS CAMPUS PERKS.
- Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
- Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
- Free monthly massages
- Beauty and Barber facilities
- Free on-site parking