Are you our next Trim Developer? As a Trim Developer at Gymshark you'll source and develop trims, in alignment with the Material strategy and creative vision. You will work closely with the Design, Product Marketing, Product Development and Innovation teams ensuring the aesthetic, functional and commercial needs of materials are met in order to deliver world class products to the Lifting Community.
What you'll be doing:
- Execute material developments and sourcing tasks, attaining item validation and technical approval (buy-ready status) in line with Product Creation Calendar timelines, Design direction, Material strategy, Sourcing strategy and quality standards.
- Build and maintain close relationships with teams such as Design, Product Marketing, Product Development and Innovation.
- Work on multiple projects with competing deadlines, both within and external to the Product Creation Calendar.
- Execute material consolidation in accordance with Material strategy in order to continuously improve material efficiency.
- Contribute to material selection meetings whilst executing the Material strategy.
- Ensure all materials are approved and tested during the material development process, attaining buy-ready status in accordance with Product Creation Calendar timelines and performance standards.
- Contribute towards the creation of the material toolbox to ensure information is clear and well presented in order for other teams to efficiently utilise when building product.
- Partner with T1/T2 suppliers to source and develop materials from inception to production.
- Collaborate with Material Development counterparts in Regional/Liaison offices, working together to deliver against the Product Creation Calendar timelines, improve processes and improve efficiencies.
- Be the key material contact to the wider Product function for all material related questions.
- Be a key partner to Sourcing by helping to drive and support the Sourcing strategy.
- Be a key partner to Design by supporting the creative vision and design intent through the creating and developing of aesthetic and functional materials.
- Be a key partner to Product Marketing by supporting the Product Marketing strategy, delivering against product briefs, collaborating on new material concepts and delivering road-mapped initiatives.
- Be a key partner to Product Development by continuously improving product creation set up tools/processes. Consult with during fabric selection ensuring fit for purpose materials are always selected. Collaborate ensuring materials are selected which meet financial targets. Consult on testing related topics throughout the product development process.
- Interpret and use data to make informed decisions.
- Use data in various settings including quality and performance measurement, presentations, commercial based decisions and KPI measuring.
- Suggest correct material sources for new developments based on functional and aesthetic needs, whilst being aligned with Material strategy, Sourcing strategy/policies and financial targets.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of trim development experience.
- Experience working with performance trims is highly desired.
- Ability to anticipate problems, offer solutions, and address issues with materials.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to deliver presentations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and data management systems such as PLM.
- Collaborative and team orientated.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate effectively to get the most out of stakeholders
- Ability to cope with change in a fast-moving energetic environment.
- Ability to travel up to between 10-15% of the time.
When normal office working resumes, our expectation would require you to attend GSHQ, Solihull, UK a couple of days a week.
WE HIRE PEOPLE.
Real-life humans, each with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities and background and body that is completely individual. Together, all these unique humans make Gymshark stronger.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for or considering applying for a job with us, and we want you to know that Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. For us, that means we always, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment and that we do not, and will not, tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing e-commerce systems
Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
Full private medical insurance with no excess
25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
A truly flexible working culture
A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
Employer pension contributions up to 7%
Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
50% Gymshark Discount
Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
Choice of hardware and access to the best software
Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS CAMPUS PERKS.
Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
Free monthly massages
Beauty and Barber facilities
Free on-site parking