Bode is a New York based, luxury menswear brand that expresses a sentimentality for the past through the study of personal narratives and historical techniques. The brand’s founder, Emily Bode, was the first female designer to show at Men’s NYFW with a collection entirely made of one-of-a-kind garments. Today Bode has a storefront, tailor shop, and coffee shop in the Lower East Side of Manhattan and sells to almost 100 retailers across the globe.
About the position:
Bode is looking to hire Studio Interns for the Fall 2021 semester. In this position you will have the unique opportunity to work hands-on with samples, custom, and one-of-a-kind pieces. The studio is a highly collaborative and evolving environment that requires a team mindset and flexible work approach.
Role and responsibilities:
- Mend vintage textiles using a variety of techniques
- Organize and maintain stock of vintage textiles
- Assist with small-run production in NYC
- Source trims and notions in the garment district
- Assist with the creation of in-house samples and custom projects
- Undergraduate student studying a fashion or textile related major at an accredited university that is able to give school credit for the duration of the internship
- Strong knowledge of machine and hand sewing techniques, seam finishes, stitch types, etc…
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail; embroidery experience preferred
- Passion and creativity that aligns with the aesthetic of the Bode brand.
- Must be able to work 2-3 days a week
- Willing to start ASAP
Please send resumes and creative portfolio pages to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Studio Intern” in the subject line.