Brand Copy Editor
TITLE: Brand copy editor
DEPARTMENT: PR & MARKETING
REPORTS TO: Head of PR & Communications
LOCATION: 16-18 Propeller Park, 400 NCR Business Centre, London NW10 0AB
TERM: Permanent, full time
Celebrating over fifty years of vision and style, independent British luxury eyewear brand Cutler and Gross combines the finest craftsmanship with irrefutable style. Founded in 1969 by Tony Gross and Graham Cutler, the brand is known for its authoritative, influential frame designs and is well respected by customers and those inside the industry.
The brand produces the highest quality frames, all finished by hand with the most meticulous attention to detail, using a wealth of traditional artisanal craftsmanship in its own factory in Cadore, Italy.
Operating a multi-channel sales distribution, through its own flagship locations in London, Bath, New York, Los Angeles and Toronto, a global website, www.cutlerandgross.com, and stocked in over 500 wholesale customer outlets in 50 countries worldwide, Cutler and Gross is a true authority in eyewear with a global reach.
Responsible for cross channel brand messaging including, but not limited to product description management, SEO copy, email newsletters, social copy support, license and collaboration copy and internal communications support retail. Develop and write compelling product storytelling and seasonal narratives for key products, services, with a focus on craftsmanship – following brand guideline documents.
As a key member of the Communications team, the position relies on a confident creative with energy, professionalism and a collaborative outlook.
- Write, sub edit and proofread all creative copy for emails, homepages, press releases, brand bios and other content slots.
- Work with head of communications on concept and execute creative editorial ideas, from email to content features, plus other digital narratives.
- Works closely with marketing and sales to create SEO informed messaging.
- Work closely with graphic designers to create messages for in store and online
- Conduct research on concepts, fashion + cultural trends
- Work on internal messaging across the business, from retail presentations, brand events, business updates.
- Contribute to other projects as and when needed.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as editorial writer in retail, media or agency environment.
- Great proof-reader with attention to detail.
- Knack for editorial ideas and writing compelling headlines.
- Ability to write fast and brainstorm.
- Detail oriented, commercial focus yet creative where required.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Intuitive writer who understands the nuances of different channels, from print to web.
- Journalist sensibility for what makes a compelling and readable story and message.
- Knowledge of and interest in fashion, design and lifestyle trends.
- Adaptive to change and critique.
- Self-starter and enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and strong work ethic
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Passion for your profession
Note: To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.