Shoe Designer (Maternity Cover)
We have a great opportunity to join our creative Shoe Design team based in Covent Garden. In this role you will assist in all aspects of design relating to the Men’s shoe collection, as directed by the Head of Design for Shoes. This role will allow the flexibility for some working from home after the initial induction period. For more details of our company culture and great benefits, please visit our career page.
The initial contract will be in place for 6 months and may be extended inline with the needs of the business.
• To design and develop elements of the seasonal Shoe collection as directed by the Head of Design.
• Assist in the design of the Shoe collection as directed by the Head of Design.
• Considering market trends, materials, and colour, ensure that all design work is of the highest commercial standards.
• Work and communicate with factories and suppliers in relation to research and sampling.
• Support with the completion of specification sheets for the Shoe collection.
• Research for images and ideas for shoe/graphic design projects.
• Ensure that all tasks issued are completed in their entirety and following the seasonal critical path.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, and utilising Mac computers.
• Proven experience in Men’s shoe design.
• Experience of all aspects of shoe design in a commercial environment from research through to design development and creation of technical diagrams / specifications.
• Skilled and knowledgeable of the Shoe market.
• Knowledge of shoe construction, with an understanding of lasts, their shapes and implications on fit.
• Highly tuned interpersonal skills with clear and concise written and verbal skills.
• Systematic and well organised with the ability to prioritise own workload to meet set deadlines.
• Culturally sensitive, with the ability to work and liaise with factories and suppliers in disparate locations.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and able to use initiative.
• Influential, with a strong ability to build effective working relationships.
• Able to travel in the U.K. and internationally at short notice.
Please note this role requires that you submit an online link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples, this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.