We are looking for a Design Intern to join the Casablanca Team, working across both menswear and womenswear. Reporting to the Senior Designer, this will be a 6 month full-time role.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assisting in researching seasonal themes, inspiration, fabric and colour concepts.
- Assisting in creating and maintaining Mood Boards.
- Participating in men’s and women’s fittings; displaying a high level of professionalism.
- Ensuring that the Product Development team are up to date with sketch developments and range plans.
- Assisting with spec drawings.
- Pre-show sample errands.
- Possible travel for company fashion shows.
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional taste and creativity levels, understanding the needs of a luxury fashion environment.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes and competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong work ethic, high integrity and reliability, with a “Hands on” attitude.
- Great time management skills.
- Sample making and draping experience.
- Ability to understand creative direction and concepts.