Senior Software Engineer, Back End or Infrastructure (Remote, Europe)
- Collaborating with other designers and developers
- Creating beautiful and fast code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Using test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Contributing back to the open source community
- Experience using technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) some of our most-used languages - Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python- is an asset, but not required. Don't have experience with many of them? No problem - deep experience with any object-oriented language and willingness to learn our tech stack goes a long way. (Also: Check out our StackShare here.)
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- You've mentored teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Dan is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify's commitments to our communities, and our planet: https://www.shopify.com/about/environment#SustainabilityReports
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we're looking for, please consider applying.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join theShopify Talent Communityto learn more about us, while you polish up your resume: https://www.shopify.com/careers/2021
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Learn more about our hiring process