Senior Product Designer - Remote, Europe
- Improve the merchant Point of Sale experience by working through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form new products and features, designing the detailed workflows, interactions required to make them a reality while leading stakeholder reviews.
- Collaborate with other disciplines across the organisation to raise the quality bar and continuously improve Retail UX's design processes, principles, and tooling while helping other disciplines to understand the value design add.
- Partner with researchers to help your team develop empathy for our merchants and advocate for their needs.
- Work to understand and unblock country specific requirements, helping your team to unlock Shopify POS for local merchants
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed.
- Collaborate with multiple teams. Designing for cross-product, cross-platform foundational features, you will be leveraging and incorporating the domain expertise of teams focused on specific merchant workflows.
- Work with your trifecta to define and evolve product roadmaps.
- Share your learnings to improve our processes and approach in a way that feels natural to you
- Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including product management, engineering, research, and analytics.
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A desire to make things better. A balanced sense of optimism and humility.
- Bias towards shipping quickly and constantly delivering value
- Ability to break an ideal experience into deliverable milestones that each contain value and express quality
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design) and collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, and research.
- An understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals, and the complex nuances of design problems.
- A deep empathy for the user, and tools to help others develop this empathy as well
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Github, etc.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you're interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Learn more about our hiring process