E-Commerce Associate Manager / Manager
The Associate Manager/Manager will be responsible for day-to-day strategy and management of the E-commerce business, reporting to the VP of Digital. The candidate has a proven track record for project management and will be responsible for optimizing the Ecommerce website and all online marketplaces to drive growth in traffic, conversion rate, and ultimately sales. They will optimize inventory across all digital/marketplace channels, drive marketing strategies across all marketplace partners, manage visual merchandising, imagery and copywriting production, own buying strategy and operations across all digital channels, and oversee customer care. Key skills: data-driven approach to problem solving, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Website Optimization and Management
- Own the end-to-end management of product catalog: extract product catalog from ERP (product attributes, geo-pricing, etc), supervise external team to ensure an accurate upload process, and quality-check all imagery and copy uploaded to site.
- Ideate and design Ecommerce experiences and curated categories to enhance conversion rates and engagement.
- Manage visual merchandising across entire flagship website, supported by sales and engagement data.
- Advocate for, roadmap, and lead development teams to build and test new features and optimizations for website with the goal of improving customer experience, conversion rate and sales.
- Identify and troubleshoot website bugs and constantly monitor website and data to drive improvements in the online shopping experience.
Buying, Inventory Management, Marketing
- Own buying/replenishment strategy and order entry for all digital/marketplace channels.
- Track, plan and manage inventory flow to Ecommerce warehouses.
- Guide key marketing and content strategies across CRM and digital marketing channels based on buy strategy, inventory availability and sales goals.
- Own strategy for Customer Care – ensuring adherence to CS policies, building new processes as needed, and suggesting improvements for existing rules. Consistently track competitive landscape for best-in-class customer experience.
- Build best-in-class VIP program, developing a high-touch personalized approach to VIP outreach.
- Act as key liaison between warehouse, logistics, and customer care teams to ensure smooth processing of outbound orders, returns, and pre-orders.
- Ensure that website inventory is accurate and reflective of warehouse stock.
- Provide product knowledge training to Copywriting team and Customer Care team.
- Oversee all Ecommerce photo/video shoots and provide support as needed at content and campaign shoots.
- Manage Visual Merchandising and drive marketing/sales strategies across key partnerships including but not limited to Farfetch, Shop Bazaar, Klarna, and Tmall.
- Sample support on partners’ editorial photoshoot requests
- Pitch seasonal buy and marketing concepts in order to secure organic or paid marketing support from partners’ platforms and channels
- Ensure smooth outbound and inbound operational flow for drop-ship partners. Update processes as needed to optimize customer end-customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years+ of experience in E-commerce, Digital Marketing, Data Analytics, or Consulting. Finance background is also welcome. A basic understanding of statistics is key
- Exceptional attention to detail, data-driven problem-solving abilities, and process-obsessed
- Excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills
- Advanced Excel Skills with an inquisitive mind that explores not only the what but also the why in the data.
- A self-starter with the ability to problem solve and brainstorm in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and act with a strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels.
- A keen listener, capable of receiving feedback and pivoting strategy with agility and analytical aptitude.
- A curious mind that has a finger on the pulse of technology, digital marketing, retail, and fashion. Not afraid to question his/her own preconceptions and testing new initiatives.